9 days for two bucks

Explorer
This trip was mainly a scouting/exploring endevour around the land surrounding Fort Peck lake in Eastern Montana. This lake is so massive, and the country around it is so vast, that I could only briefly peek at points along half of it. I will explore the other half next year.

breaks2010032.jpg

breaks2010011.jpg

breaks2010016.jpg

breaks2010017.jpg

breaks2010009.jpg

breaks2010008.jpg

breaks2010012.jpg

breaks2010013.jpg

breaks2010018.jpg

breaks2010020.jpg

breaks2010024.jpg

breaks2010001.jpg

breaks2010007.jpg

breaks2010006.jpg

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Wish I had taken more, but I need to learn how a camera works first!

Looks like you have it figured out pretty well. Great shots. I hope that area has some spectacular roads to explore. Looking forward to future reports.

Explorer
Thanks, I've figured out to set it on auto and hope for the best :victory:

That area has very much to offer, I covered about a 1,000 miles on dirt, and only hit pavement a few times to go refuel. Supposedly there is more miles of coastline around this lake than the coast of California, I have no doubt!

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Wow! Spectacular terrain. Thanks for posting. I may have to make it up through there this summer. Available for a run?

Explorer
Clint,
Great pix... who would have known that was hiding in Montana!

No doubt, everybody seems to head right for the mountains when they get to Montana, but I prefer the Eastern side.

I think most people get a taste of Eastern Montana and Wyoming from the interstates. What you don't realize is that the pavement is built on the flattest terrain, and if you get 50 or so miles off the path it gets very interesting. Can't blame the road engineers for putting the roads through the valleys, but it sure paints the wrong picture of the area!

Wyoming probably has the greatest back country scenery of any state, but if you only took the interstates, it would totally convince you otherwise.

suntinez

Explorer
Holy cow! I mean elk :elkgrin: That is some gorgeous country you got up there. "auto" is just fine, if you push it enough ...
Not long ago I realized I'd nibbled around the edges of MT a few times and loved it, but never delved in.

I think you just pushed me over the edge, thanks!

Last edited:

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Clint, great shots, thxs for sharing! I wanna go on that trip but will have to be next year. In S. NM now more fun with more friends. Chat more later.:costumed-smiley-007

That area has very much to offer, I covered about a 1,000 miles on dirt, and only hit pavement a few times to go refuel. Supposedly there is more miles of coastline around this lake than the coast of California, I have no doubt!

Not bad at all! Well, maybe someday soon I will get to poke around that area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94