1923 Road Trip Diary

angusdevil

Adventurer
Wow, that was actually pretty good, great find! Having the map with article really brought it all together.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
The more things change, the more they stay the same...

"Here we saw extremes of outfits. Near us was a fair sized truck carrying a rather complete outfit, and near them were two boys from Boston with motor-cycle and side-car."

Thanks for the link, good read.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
thanks for the link, that is a great read and reminds us of days gone by

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Awesome read and what I find so astounding is in almost 100 years, my 2003 F-250 Powerstroke gets an average 12 miles per gallon, which is exactly what they got in that vehicle.

You would think that in this amount of time and with our advances in technology, our vehicles would have gotten a little more advanced when it comes to fuel economy?????? I'm thinking this is a plot by our car companies to keep us trapped in the same fuel economies for EVAR

Mamontof

Explorer
And no 4 Inch lift , 35 tire , refrigerator , rtt

Back in old days That was normal trip , and this days going drive in a

park....WOW we have 4x4 trip :wings:

Great find , joy to read !!!!

TurboChris

Adventurer
Awesome! Great find, thanks. My grandfather drove his wife and 3 year old daughter (my mom) out from MO to CA in 1933 in a Model A (I think)...heard there was jobs in CA...but also heard the army had closed the border and wern't letting anyone else in .... the whole dustbowl thing had people fleeing the midwest...imagine going on a trip not even knowing if you could make it. I asked him what would have happened if the border was closed? He said in all seriousness...we would have ended growing up in AZ I guess...funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier