24 hour mountain bike race

jgolden

Adventurer
Has anyone competed in the "24 hours of Adrelin" mountain bike race? There's one at Laguna Seca in June and also Sept.

james

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
We did 24 Hours of Winter Park the last year the Adrenaline people did it, the one at the old Idlewild course in town. That was 2004 or so I guess. Did you have a specific question about the promoter or just a 24 hour race in general?

Last edited:

jgolden

Adventurer
We competed in the 24 hours race at Laguna Seca yeserday...It was a blast!!! It was the first time for our 4 person team and we got our butts kicked, that's OK it was just for fun.

Check this out....The 24 hour SOLO World Championship was going on at the same time. These guys are unbelievable!!! They ride for 24 hours straight, some of them will total about 260+ miles on a mountain bike. And that's not flat terrian, each lap had a total of about 2,500ft of climbing!!!

Davidz

yes! many times on a four man team. mostly GA, and NJ. it can be alot of fun, with the right group. no cry babies. its wet, its cold, its hot, its all that,
the 3-4am laps, are tough, there you are tired from riding all day, youre in a warm sleeping bag, its raining on the tent, your clothes are wet, and its your turn at the wheel! what do ya do? shut up and ride, my favorite lap is dawn, to see the sun come up over the ridge is beautiful, its a test of mind and body, if either breaks down your done.
do it atleast once. with GOOD friends, its an event.
i also have done local 12hour rides here in FL, on a two man team.

tacollie

Glamper
I did 24 hr. Moab which is granny gear productions. It was fun and extremely difficult. we did two laps at a time and then rested, in other words we road 30 miles and then ate and slept as much as we could in 2 hours and 45 minutes. Lots of fun.
I would recommend trying it at least once.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I traveled with John Morehouse Ellsworth 24HR solo rider for a few years. They were fun and very interesting.

Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior