Vandetta

Toolman

Explorer
Vandetta is FOR SALE !!!!

After many months looking at every E350 that came up for sale and looking through what seems to be every website and dealer that sells these Vans ....

The search is finally over. :wings:

I found this sweet 2002 V10 E350 XLT 15 Passenger Van with 60k miles for $8000 on Craiglist last night... test drove and brought it home this morning..

A Major THANK YOU to Chris from UJOINT for his patience and most of all helping me decide to build it myself.
It's going to be way better and all mine !!!!
It will take some time and a bit of money, however my build estimate comes in about $35k less than the SM I was going to buy.

List is in no particular order and will continue to grow and change:
It needs some minor repairs, mostly stuff I'm taking out and redoing anyways.
Remove interior, Lizardskin and Dynamat all interior steel
Over head cockpit console
LineX the roof and the lower side of body for rock protection
Tint windows
6" UJOINT Lift Kit 4X4 Conversion
Dana 60 and NV271
Rims & 35" Tires
Front and Rear Bumpers, Tire carrier
Winch
Design and install interior
Under floor storage
Dual AGM batteries
Inverter
Shore line with charger
Solar Panels and maintainer
Stereo system
Remove or paint anything chrome

I will update it as I go.

:jump: The real work is now upon me

VANDEBTA1.jpg

3m73pd3ld5O55T25W6abk1764e10770a6160f.jpg

2011-02-04154349.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

Last edited:

18seeds

Explorer
looks good and nice price. my next project (hopefully get started in a few months) will be a RB V10 Cargo Van with UJoint 4x4.

V10's with low miles are harder to find than diesels.

Toolman

Explorer
V10's with low miles are harder to find than diesels.[/QUOTE]

I know where an 06' V10 with 48k miles is for $11000.. it's an EB though.. really nice guy and he's asking $12k but will take $11k .. power windows locks and rear air.. no cruise control or power mirrors. BARN DOORS and windows in em... Los Angeles area. I looked for the add but I couldn't find it, let me know if you're interested. He mentioned something about wanting a truck with decent gas mileage. I'll be talking to him tomorrow.

Toolman

Explorer
18seeds

I know where an 06' V10 with 48k miles is for $11000.. it's an EB though.. really nice guy and he's asking $12k but will take $11k .. power windows locks and rear air.. no cruise control or power mirrors. BARN DOORS and windows in em... Los Angeles area. I looked for the add but I couldn't find it, let me know if you're interested. He mentioned something about wanting a truck with decent gas mileage. I'll be talking to him tomorrow.

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Congratulations! Looking forward to you showing the Sportsmobiles that we can have cool vans too!

dankine

Congrad...

I'm very happy for you !

I have been shopping for quit a while for an extended diesel. Finally found a 2005 Wagon 15 passengers V10 with 60K this week-end in my area. The van is going for an inspection at the dealer tomorrow migth take it home later this week :)

My plan is for the 4'' or 6'' UJOINT kit, 35'' Nitto A/T, front Dana 60 with 4:10 voyager or penthouse top, Bumpers etc etc...

Keep you posted!

Dan

Toolman

Explorer
Today I got all 10 windows tinted and I removed the rear seats, panels, and carpet.
Tomorrow I'll remove the stock running boards and head liner. Try and figure out what to do with the Rear A/C unit.. I would like to use it still, I just need some ideas of how to disguise it. Not sure what to do with plastic window surrounds..to use them or not to use them.. they make a lot of noise, rattles etc. Maybe I'll cover them with some kinda of pliable material.. that will help for sure.

Any ideas will be helpful and much appreciated.

I will be selling all of the rear seats and seat belts, front and rear bumpers, and the running boards.

Tintedwindows.jpg

Seatsout.jpg

Last edited:

Loopie

Adventurer
A Major THANK YOU to Chris from UJOINT for his patience and most of all helping me decide to build it myself.
It's going to be way better and all mine. NO FINANCING !!!!
It will take some time and a bit of money, however my build estimate comes in about $35k less than the SM I was going to buy.
I felt you at A...No big up front cookie cutter purchase...No compromising your goals/needs except to the limits of your own ability to complete the mod(and even then, you can sub-contract a piece of work here and there).
So YES...a big high Five on the savings:victory:

Toolman

Explorer
I took the plunge and made the deposit on the UJOINT kit to convert my wagon to a weapon.

:wings:

on a side note. I started building the floor in the cargo area..

Oh ya , and now I'm eagerly awaiting some parts from Chris..

woo hoo.. now it's on.

Toolman

Explorer
Congrats.

I look forward to following the progress

Thanks very much..

Over the weekend I managed to dynamat the rear and side doors and most of the ceiling.

I have completed my concept for the interior lay out and the material needed.

Berore Dynamat
2010-12-04122237.jpg

After
2010-12-05102554.jpg

2010-12-05102915.jpg

2010-12-05102932.jpg

Last edited:

Toolman

Explorer
1st real mod

Progress report :

There's a space between the right rear tire and the barn doors where I fabricated a tray to hold my Viair compressor. It mounts to the body with a couple of brackets I made, it fits perfectly and it's out of the way. I also mounted the air tank to the frame behind the right tire. I'll finish the install tomorrow. I'm looking for a regulator that will go between the the tanks and the lockers.

All the pieces ready to go in
2010-12-11111503.jpg

2010-12-11111512.jpg

Drop down bracket from body seam.
2010-12-11144132.jpg

compressor mounted and ready to go in.
2010-12-11143717.jpg

compressor and mounting plate installed
2010-12-11143548.jpg

2.5 gallon tank mounted to the side of the frame behind passenger rear tire
2010-12-11163121.jpg

Got my rims and tires mounted, I didn't realize the picture was blury