Team gear/inventory managerment

Scottgsxr97

I have been placed in charge of keeping track of inventory of our team's gear. I am looking for software that will allow me to show if gear has been issued to a certain person, is located in a certain vehicle, is team-owned or personally owned. It would be nice if it could include pictures, descriptions, number of items, serial numbers and maintenance.

I was wondering what other teams use to keep track of inventory and assets.

Thanks.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
A company we invested in during my venture capital days did tracking software solutions based on embedded RFID tags. Mainly used in the medical field to ensure gauze, instruments, etc weren't left inside a patient.

Let me know if you are interested, there are bound to be cheaper competitors out there since it doesnt seem like size or sterility of RFID chips is an issue for you.

Glue RFID tag to piece of equipment and save that chip as a piece of equipment. Repeat for rest of equipment. Just waive the wand over a bag or in the inside of a truck and presto it will give you a detailed readout off al the gear that you have brought with you.

Simple.

-Sam

abeaudin1971

Adventurer
I concur with Adam - I'm in the same SAR Group and we switched to D4H as he mentioned. It does inventory and a whole raft of other things too.

worth looking into.

-a

MrEarp

Check out kcvrm.net its free.. To get set up email vrm_admin@kcvrm.net our team uses it exclusively.

Some Features:
Member Profiles
Alert and Notification
Inventory
Training Management
Event Sign ups
Chat
Time Tracking

The site has a ton of features, is FREE and there is no AD's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles