New guy

TeufelHunden

Observer
Hi guys, I'm a longtime lurker, and I decided to finally pull the trigger and sign up! I have only had 1 truck before, an 85 F150 with a 300/6 and a 4 speed. I am currently on my second Subaru, and I am hooked! There aren't many places my Forester won't go, and my STi I had in Japan went to just as many places and it was a station wagon too. I currently live in SoCal, and really wanna do some kind of group trail ride. Anyways, here's my Forester, and even my old STi. I will try and get a non-poser shot of my Forester up here tomorrow!

Forester.jpg
[/IMG]

IsraelTim.jpg

carolinasuby

Nice Suby. I agree, I have taken my outback wagon through things that I would have never thought it would make it. Great cars. Welcome. Good to see another Suby here as well. By the way, great quote.

Jrally

Adventurer
Welcome. Wish I lived closer to SoCal, would enjoy exploring the back country out there. Being an adventurous Subi owner, I'm sure you've already seen this, but maybe not. http://www.sjrlift.com/ A few inches of lift, some more non-pavement agressive tires and you might just make it to a few more places that seemed impossible to go.

-Jon

ratkin

Adventurer
Thank you. That quote from the President was originally said by a man named Capt J. E. "Ned" Dolan.

Then you should attribute to the originator, not the person who repeated it, regardless of how famous they may or may not be.

BTW - welcome to the board!

- Richard

TeufelHunden

Observer
When it was originally said, it was stated as "Freedom isn't free, but the US Marines will pay most of your share." Slightly different. It's great to be here! I have seen TacoDoc's truck a few times on base, and today I saw a sweet looking FJ80.

ratkin

Adventurer
Paraphrasing without attribution is plagiarism.

You're right. "United States Marine Corps" is different than "US Marines." My mistake! :Wow1:

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
let's enjoy the cool subys instead of getting after someone for the quote in their signature. Quit the griping.

Bobfab

Observer
For real, the quote is awesome regardless of who said it. We all have great respect and admiration for those who serve our country, hats off to the troops.

Im in SD and would be down for some sort of ride. I drive a ridgeline, so nothing too crazy. Im available anytime currently funemployed :sombrero:

greg mgm

Explorer
Welcome. If you have any action shots of your Subaru please post them. I'd love to see what it can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles