Sportsmobile Sprinter 4x4

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Add what? That's the same link as above, with the same gray one-off T1N conversion that's been around for years (and was canceled when Mercedes-Benz told the OEM supplier not to sell parts for conversions in the USA.)
It's the same link, but not the same conversion. After the SportsVans converrsion became unavailable, the staff at the SprinterStore engineered their own conversion and spent a a year or so refining it in an NCV3. They are now converting trucks for customers.

The link you cited now has considerable information about the new conversion. If you have not been there recently, you might find it interesting to see the details of the current product.

IPT

This thread is ancient but quite relevant now that MB is offering the 4X4 Sprinter for a lot less than the $20K mentioned. I am new to this arena but living in Alaska and seriously considering some sort of SMB (or something home brewed). This is literally my first post and I have a lot to learn but the prospect of $40-70K for used SMB or $50K for new 4x4 Sprinter that I can build out has me thinking. I have been reading, and have tons more to read but came across this thread and thought I'd see what folks have say now that a few years has passed. Open to suggested reading or any specific links you vets may have for me.

Last edited:
Hey! Incredible job! I'm actually looking to do a very similar internal build with a Sprinter. I'm really new to this and still trying to decide if I should or not.
Was it difficult?
Was it worth it (price and time) to do it yourself instead of having someone else do it for you?
How many people do you think convert their own vs having someone else do it?
Do you live in it full time or just for fun adventures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles