Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

Ashton

I'm new here. How do you post pictures? On my Jeep forums, I used to copy a link from Photobucket. I now have Dropbox, but I guess I'm not allowed to post links here?

after a few posts. use something like imgur.com to host your pics

superbuickguy

Explorer
I absolutely love it. Fuel economy is better then expected, it handles well, it's comfortable (though, I'm still not sure why all manufacturers are in the super-supportive seat phase - if it doesn't break in, I'm going to replace a bit of the padding with memory foam - easy to do, but it seems all manufacturers are doing this right now). I paid just under 39 for it. It's a Z71 diesel, with full leather. It was interesting in that a lot of time (it seemed) the dealers would order it with all the whistles and basically make it a Denali (which are well north of 52k).... this has seat heaters, mirror heaters, bed liner. It doesn't have Bose or lane departure/collision avoidance. What's really cool is free oil changes for as long as you own it and if you maintain it at a GM dealership, if anything powertrain breaks - ever - they replace it.... no mileage, no years.... and comparables - a Toyota TRD is 50k, 55k with whistles - and this is a better truck, there is no comparison (and before the Toyota fanboys come here and get all antsy, check out my FJ40....)

I don't like the stereo, it has 2 issues. First, you can android or apple it, but you have to go to that screen to bring it up - if you use google maps, it's clunky at best because you have to go from the main 'page' to the phone, then to the maps, then android auto (all the while if you need to change stations - you have to back all the way out; Second, without bose you don't get the woofer - if you don't, to get full surround stereo you must roll the balance all the way to the back.

I'm not sure this is a like or not but I'll let you decide.... under 37 mph, it downshifts. Which is cool, except if you're going down a hill it can't decide what gear to be in and it's not a smooth transition... that said, after a week I can anticipate when it would be not smooth and pedal my way around it.... but the first time you drive it down a hill, you'll think something is wrong with it.

Best surprising feature has GOT to be the jake brake. It has exhaust braking, and it has to have brought the most joy to me of any nearly meaningless feature.... yes, it sounds just like a truck jake brake - just a bit quieter (which I'm pretty sure could be solved) - I know, juvenile but I don't care...

Hill descent is kind of cool except it has a 37 mph limit.

It also has 2wd, 4H limited slip, 4H, and 4L....

I had an H3 Hummer and it was the most perfect vehicle, this is better because fuel economy and back doors that anyone can enter - they're big and open wide.

One thing..... it's not a big truck, to me that's a feature. It has a 7500lb towing capacity (which is basically my FJ40 on a trailer plus camp gear). If I need a big truck, I'll buy a real big truck - think 4500 or larger... there is a long bed and short bed version. I didn't like the long bed version because it isn't nimble (not sure how to qualify that, but consider I had a H3 Hummer that had a turning circle small then a camry). This is a bit longer then the H3, but it's narrower - though it seems as wide as my old square body (it's not).

Last edited:

HoojChoons

2010 gmc canyon

attempting to figure out how to post pics still but heres my 2010 GMC Canyon all shined up before and after the new steelies.
34x10.5r17 BFG All Terrains.
4in Skyjacker lift
1.5in body lift
Leer Cap
DIY CB radio antenna mount
DIY box in bed for all recovery and camping equipment
fullsize spare

Attachments

• IMG_20170715_093252_741.jpg
    IMG_20170715_093252_741.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 117

02rangeredge

Adventurer
attempting to figure out how to post pics still but heres my 2010 GMC Canyon all shined up before and after the new steelies.
4in Skyjacker lift
1.5in body lift
Leer Cap
fullsize spare

what kind of box did you drop in the back

TwinStick

Explorer
4in Skyjacker lift
1.5in body lift
Leer Cap
fullsize spare

That is the sharpest looking Canyon I have ever seen !!! 2 Thumbs up.
Looks like a mini-version of our Red 4-door Power Wagon w/ARE cap.

B

BPD53

I'll keep the 1st Gen Colorado pics going. I don't take a lot of photos so these are kinda old.

I've completed too many mods to list here. It doesn't look like much but it usually holds its own.

The highlights are in the drivetrain:

Lockers in front (ARB) and rear (OX)
Cast iron H3 front differential
Dana 20 "Uber 20" twin sticked w/ Teralow 3.15 gears
Tom Woods Driveshafts

Like my signature says:

Lots of mods. Nobody cares.....it's a Colorado.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0714.JPG
    IMG_0714.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:

balexander87

Observer
I'll keep the 1st Gen Colorado pics going. I don't take a lot of photos so these are kinda old.

I've completed too many mods to list here. It doesn't look like much but it usually holds its own.

Tom Woods Driveshafts

Like my signature says:

The built (and even fairly stock) 1st gen Colorado’s remain my favorites in this thread. They just look so good with a small lift and bigger tires.

All that to say - I care!! ? ? ?

ben2go

Adventurer

Tom Woods Driveshafts

Like my signature says:

Is your truck a factory V8, 4.8 or 5.3? I've looked for V8 Colorados and Canyons but never seen a factory V8 around here. I've seen a couple poorly done conversions.

B

BPD53

Is your truck a factory V8, 4.8 or 5.3? I've looked for V8 Colorados and Canyons but never seen a factory V8 around here. I've seen a couple poorly done conversions.

It's a factory 5.3 with 4.10 gears.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles