Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

alphaecho4386

[

Did you get the diesel option? You bought my fav color in the GM line up. I have looked at the new Canyon/Colorado and thought about the new diesel in the 4x4 ZR2 or Z71 trim. I can't remember which it is. At $40,000+, I might just get an older crew cab and do a conversion.

They aren't that expensive. I have fully optioned 17 Colorado LT Diesel CCLB and got it for $7k less than sticker brand new. And have seen em new mid-trim for 33k and lightly used for less. Plenty on Autotrader.

I'm pretty pleased with it. Lots of aftermarket support and parts are being made for it which is good to see, as it's been Tacos that get all the love. And I'm getting 28mpg doing 70+ mph on +-3000 ft elevation gains on my normal drive. It's pretty awesome. It's my daily driver doing about 3000miles a month so that mpg even with a little 2" lift, and A/T tires is epic and better than my past subies could do.

Waiting for OME to release a suspention kit, and a few more dollars to come my way to get more heavy duty parts (bumper, skidplates, rock rails, tires, etc.)

Right now it's got a 2" spacer/block lift, GDE Tuned, SwitchPros 9500, HAM radio and a few other bolt-ons. Spent the winter installing parts, and grabbing upgraded camping gear. Excited for the summer trips.

They are pretty awesome rigs. Like everything, not perfect, but nails everything where it matters. Pretty worthy of consideration for a jack of all trades rig.
bd1eb2895f853747845db496b06d6ffc.jpg
e6bfd7adc3a833eb694189f90701481d.jpg
494331a06872d530eb206ee0f4438e8b.jpg
b6f7a2d5055c050e779bbca0a3b58a22.jpg
56eadaa0caf528c2df1f6119e94f673c.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

ben2go

Adventurer
They aren't that expensive. I have fully optioned 17 Colorado LT Diesel CCLB and got it for $7k less than sticker brand new. And have seen em new mid-trim for 33k and lightly used for less. Plenty on Autotrader.

I'm pretty pleased with it. Lots of aftermarket support and parts are being made for it which is good to see, as it's been Tacos that get all the love. And I'm getting 28mpg doing 70+ mph on +-3000 ft elevation gains on my normal drive. It's pretty awesome. It's my daily driver doing about 3000miles a month so that mpg even with a little 2" lift, and A/T tires is epic and better than my past subies could do.

Waiting for OME to release a suspention kit, and a few more dollars to come my way to get more heavy duty parts (bumper, skidplates, rock rails, tires, etc.)

Right now it's got a 2" spacer/block lift, GDE Tuned, SwitchPros 9500, HAM radio and a few other bolt-ons. Spent the winter installing parts, and grabbing upgraded camping gear. Excited for the summer trips.

They are pretty awesome rigs. Like everything, not perfect, but nails everything where it matters. Pretty worthy of consideration for a jack of all trades rig.
bd1eb2895f853747845db496b06d6ffc.jpg
e6bfd7adc3a833eb694189f90701481d.jpg
494331a06872d530eb206ee0f4438e8b.jpg
b6f7a2d5055c050e779bbca0a3b58a22.jpg
56eadaa0caf528c2df1f6119e94f673c.jpg

Yeah, but can I drop a stack of plywood in the bed and it not hang out past the tailgate?

alphaecho4386

Yeah, but can I drop a stack of plywood in the bed and it not hang out past the tailgate?

No. That's not a "feature" of any mid size pickup. With the tailgate down it's 8' long, but it's not wide enough for a 4' object between the wheel wells.

ben2go

Adventurer
No. That's not a "feature" of any mid size pickup. With the tailgate down it's 8' long, but it's not wide enough for a 4' object between the wheel wells.

Rats. I could do it in an '87 long bed ranger I used to drive on a farm where I worked. It was a selling point for the Rangers when they first came on the scene.

ben2go

Adventurer
Has anyone seen any caps, campers, or topers for the new Colorado/Canyon? I like the solid side high top utility caps with the one man door in the center rear.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
Has anyone seen any caps, campers, or topers for the new Colorado/Canyon? I like the solid side high top utility caps with the one man door in the center rear.

I've seen both fiberglass and aluminium/ steel caps but none have had a single rear door- they've all been the tailgate and hatch lay out, that doesn't mean they aren't making them just they're less popular and I haven't seen them on the road

ben2go

Adventurer
I've seen both fiberglass and aluminium/ steel caps but none have had a single rear door- they've all been the tailgate and hatch lay out, that doesn't mean they aren't making them just they're less popular and I haven't seen them on the road
The single rear door would be a utility cap and not a popular option for most people. Here is one very similar to the one that was on an 80's ford long bed F250 that I drove for work many years ago.

HI-TOP_001.53140444_large.jpg

superbuickguy

Explorer
Leer and ARE both make several canopies for them, you can even utility ones with all sorts of features.
If you don't want hard, Besttop also makes a soft canopy for them.

They range in price for $1700 to about $3500 .... I've almost pulled the trigger on an ARE twice, but it's my wife who wants the canopy and I figure if I do I'll lose my truck to her.... yeah, I'm a selfish cuss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles