Replacement Seats

HARABAS

Observer
Very interesting... how much are they charging? I need to do mine as well.:ylsmoke:

The Toughtek fabric costs $17 per yard for the Narraganset and $28 per yard for the Pigskin.

Upholsterer quoted $1500 for labor and materials for FF and RR seats (that's from his supply of vinyl). I have yet to find out how much he'll charge for labor if I supply the fabric. I'll post his quote once I know.

FYI, a couple notes on the fabric. The Pigskin has good stretch on one axis and practically none on the other. The Narraganset has the same stretch characteristics but much less than the Pigskin. I called ahh.biz to check on UV stability of the fabric, but they didn't have information on that. However, I did order some samples (about a buck for a 2x2 square) and will put them up against a window and see how they do. A search online for toughtek + seat covers revealed that the material is already being used in MX/dirt bike seats.

Overall it looks promising.

nucktaco

Adventurer
05+ Tacoma trd sport seats. great for long distance driving and can find a set fairly cheap in wrecking yards.

last summer i drove 23 hours to Winnipeg without stopping except for gas. legs and back were 100% fine. no problems whatsoever and they have a nice bolster to them. :smiley_drive:

I have a Corbeau in my 2500. Personally, I love it and my legs/butt don't fall asleep!

IMG00336-20110118-1144.jpg

Great looking set-up. I am considering the Corbeau Baja..reclining. The stockers were never great in my '96, especially after 216k miles. Did you mount them on the factory frame or use a Corbeau frame? Sorry...hijack over. :sombrero:

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
whats with everyone mounting only one seat, personally, i'd save my money till i had enough to buy both, thats like ricers with only two rims cuz thats all they could afford

HARABAS

Observer
Very interesting... how much are they charging? I need to do mine as well.:ylsmoke:

So far a tad frustrated. I checked with the same upholstery guy and quoted me 2200 to do front and back just for labor. Got turned off by the inconsistency of his quote (first one was about 1500).

I'm sending out "intention to the universe" and waiting for an answer. A couple of leads so far looks promising, but I'll say less till I do more.

I actually re-considered the Corbeau GTS II, but after chnlisle's review of them, I'm off of the Corbeau hook... for now.

Paladin

Banned
whats with everyone mounting only one seat, personally, i'd save my money till i had enough to buy both, thats like ricers with only two rims cuz thats all they could afford

That's not why they do that at all. It's because they are drag racing and want to run wide sticky tires on lightweight rims on the front. Then the poseurs started copying the look using their factory steel rims. It's still dumb, but it's not because they can't afford 4 rims.

As for seats, Recaro is the best. Sparco are good too. Corbeau, not so much. Corbeau actually got in trouble for falsifying test data and had their racing safety credentials yanked. I wouldn't touch them.

Neither would I touch any of the cheap ricer seats you see like Ractive. They are not safe at all.

One good option is to get some seats from a VW or Honda car at the scrap yard. Older VW seats actually were Recaros, that's how Recaro got started. My 83 GTI had amazing seats, best I've ever had. Honda also puts really good seats in some of their cars (mostly Civics). The seats in my Land Rover Discovery are also really excellent. If only the lumbar airbag didn't leak... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz