Lights inside a rooftop tent

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
King Kamper's use a LED strip that would work great if we could source the LED strip that would work perfect along the top pole.

Our Flexible LED lighting strips use less than 3 Watts per meter of 12V power. The light is cool white and very pleasant to the eye. It is integrated in the inside bow of camper roof so that it is permanently in place. The strips are maintenance free and impervious to moisture.

LED.jpg

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
I either use a headlamp or an arb adventure light. I hang the adventure light over my head so the on/off is within reach. The cord reaches just fine but I plan on putting a few 12v plugs under the tent for the notebook or whatever else.

I've been eyeing those puck style lights, they seem pretty cool.

I really like the strip of led lights :iagree:

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Peter,

I was at Boaters World yesterday and they had about 9 different models of 12V DC LED lights in there. Single LEDs, 4 LEDs, LED Dome lights, LEDs on flexible sticks, etc. It is definately worth checking out. I think they have a website with there complete catalog online.

Craig

paulj

Expedition Leader
Expedition Pictures said:
The Coleman Cool Zephyr™ Ceiling Fan with Light
If you can find a way to hang it, the Zephyr fan/light could work well. I appreciated it on last month's trip in Oregon. It is just enough of a fan to reduce the stuffiness of a closed space. In 3 weeks of on and off use, the 4D cells are still going strong.

It has two light settings - 1 red led, and 4 white leds.

However, you probably can't store it in the tent while on the road. I stored mine on top of the dog's blanket in a rear window corner.

paulj

spressomon

Expedition Leader
paulj said:
If you can find a way to hang it, the Zephyr fan/light could work well. I appreciated it on last month's trip in Oregon. It is just enough of a fan to reduce the stuffiness of a closed space. In 3 weeks of on and off use, the 4D cells are still going strong.

It has two light settings - 1 red led, and 4 white leds.

However, you probably can't store it in the tent while on the road. I stored mine on top of the dog's blanket in a rear window corner.

paulj

It would be nice to find something like the Zephyr that operates off 12v...

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I went down to West Marine today and bought a goose neck 12V Xenon chart light that takes 10 watts. Also bought a small 12V swiveling fan. I will have them installed in the Maggiolina Extreme tomorrow, and will report on how this went.

Mike

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Alot of people think of lighting from the top. I prefer to light around the bottom edge and have it shine up. That way on those bad weather days you can lay there on your back and read the latest copy of Overland and be comfortable.

BMAN

Adventurer
Chiming in a little late here but I simply hang one of my $10 wallyworld headlamps from the center bar of the tent. 2 whites or one red led provides enough light to do what I need to in the tent. And on the rare ocassion that we get inclement weather while camping here in AZ I would simply starp the same lap to my nugget as it was designed and read the night away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94