Why I miss my trooper...Stemmed from the trooper shot thread

datrupr

Expedition Leader
It has been a couple of years now and I still miss my 98 Trooper. S with no TOD and the G80 in the rear. Mostly stock but would take me anywhere I wanted to go. When the gas prices were at $4 a gallon I had to get rid of it. My daughter cried that day when we were pulling out of the dealership in my Altima. She was crying and saying she wanted the green truck back and that she hated this stupid car! Well, a year later I bought my Montero. I really like my Montero but I still miss the Trooper. The Montero is bigger but it seems to have less room inside and while capable for my needs, I am more careful on the trails I go on. I never had that problem with the Trooper. So, I feel for you, I miss my Trooper. I really like my Montero, but I loved my Trooper and I was just as sad when I had to trade it in. (it had 200K miles on it when I got rid of it.)

Wareagle

Observer
I miss my second '95 trooper. It was much better than the '86 LS and first '95 S. I actually preferred it over my 2001 LS. I'm still second guessing the sale of the troop, especially since the Buildup of my 100 series is taking way too much $$ and time, plus I loved the simplicity of all the manual controls.

4455190164_large.jpg

4420869621_7e6f708ca0_b.jpg

4319594777_ccf9b6fe64_b.jpg

Viggen

Just here...
No doubt if you want a dedicated trail rig, go jeep. They are robust and have a long history of being amazing.

No, if youre doing a dedicated trail rig, a Jeep is a great place to start not because they are robust, since they are not, but because the aftermarket is brimming with bolt on mods to make it robust. Anything from V8s to axles are bolt on propositions with a Jeep. That is why Jeeps are for lemmings...:sombrero:

Maddmatt

Explorer
You guys are making me miss my Rodeo ('97 LS) - maybe I'll spend some fantasy time on Craigslist today.....

S

Squatchout

You guys are making me miss my Rodeo ('97 LS) - maybe I'll spend some fantasy time on Craigslist today.....

That's the spirit!

Here is a pic of my Trooper body lift Ha Ha!
P8190023Small.jpg

New southern rust free frame
P8040002Small.jpg

P8110007Small.jpg

Hot rod heart
P3290001Small.jpg

The only thing better than an old Trooper is a NEW old Trooper
PA070011Small.jpg

P9300023Small.jpg

PA030002Small.jpg

PA270013Small.jpg

P5040011Small.jpg

P7260012Small.jpg

She was sorta almost still new when I made her new again. This milestone was reached just before Christmas when I was going to pick up my son from college for the holidays. 111,111.1 original miles on an '88!
Picture004Small-5.jpg

Dang show off's! Hope you like my Zoo eye candy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne