Part Jeep, part FJ40, all Redneck

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I don't spy any Jeep? Front doors are early 2pc FJ40, hardtop sides, w/s and glass are early FJ40. Hood is random sheetmetal. Frame is likely some old truck, something with what looks like a HD44 or D60 front and a 14B FF rear with some ag tires to boot. Headed to Alaska maybe?

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
That's interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a random rig on a railcar before (at least not a civilian rig). I wonder what the story is behind this. Maybe just easier than driving/trailering it up to AK?

tombodad

Adventurer
If they're going somewhere inland AK, it makes more sense to train it. Otherwise, most transport to AK is done on water.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Looks like an Alaskan rig to me... They have all sorts of awesome pieced together rigs up there to deal with the varrying conditions they deal with. Deep mud/water, frozen glacier, snow tundra etc. AK is full of amazing 4wheeling and the trucks guy's build up there are as amazing as the terrain.

Cheers

Dave

That One Guy

Adventurer
I don't spy any Jeep? Front doors are early 2pc FJ40, hardtop sides, w/s and glass are early FJ40. Hood is random sheetmetal. Frame is likely some old truck, something with what looks like a HD44 or D60 front and a 14B FF rear with some ag tires to boot. Headed to Alaska maybe?

It has a YJ grille.

aka rover

Adventurer
This type of rig is pretty comman up here in alaska, most are built on a long wheel base chassis like a suburban or crew cab. I have looked at a few and some have automatic trannys backed by two manual trannys to cope with not gearing for the ag tires. I have to say that i wish there wasent so many of them around as they really make a mess of the trails and terrain they travel over, Heavy and dig deep when stuck:Wow1:.

Cheers Ed

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Yep, just google images for "Moose Buggy":smiley_drive:

You can load your rig on the train (as far south as Seward, IIRC) and enjoy the trip north, rather than drive the entire way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior