Suzuki Samurai Custom Camper Build

trackhead

Adventurer
Finished up the wheel wells yesterday. 31" tires clear fine for road use, but I will need a 3" lift (going with Deaver's and and extra leaf in the rear) for off road.
IMAG0105.jpg

trackhead

Adventurer
More or less finished up the body work......

Going to finish the camper interior, or at least start working on it, next week.

topproscott

Really nice rig - love the idea and execution. Way to just build it and get out there instead of spending years talking about it.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
You obviously have more lenient laws than we have...
Here the tires have to be within the wheel wells. :(

deepmud

Adventurer

trax-003.jpg

Hardly even looks the same does it? :sombrero: I got a little crazy with a sawsall....

It had a vw 1.9td, got 35mpg at 65mph (with 35" tires, not tracks).

Now it's a VW TDI (mechanical pump, non-electronic) with complete Toyota drivetrain.

Sustained high loads were tough on the Suzuki transmission - I blew up 3 old, non-rebuilt ones. ACME recommends a quality rebuilt trans with sythetic oil if you run a 1.9td or a 1.9TDI.

Or the toyota conversion :D

trackhead

Adventurer
Your Zuk is famous^^^^

I'm working with one of the cities here in the SLC valley right now in an effort to open up a new nordic skiing park. They are quite interested in the idea, and if it flies, will need a couple grooming options next year. It could be volunteer grooming, and that is one of the reasons I bought the Zuk.

I've read the infamous/famous thread on Pirate4x4 and your posts about building a Tatou knock off............

deepmud

Adventurer
I know that grooming with light Suzuki's has been done - I don't know any contact info for these guys, I know it's Maine.....

groomer_on_altonmt_600.jpg

The name of that picture was "groomer on Alton Mountain" - perhaps you could find them using that?

WRONG! Not Maine. New Hampshire - I googled Alton Mountain Grooming and found them.
http://mountmajorsnowmobileclub.com/trail_conditions.htm

They have that pic of the Suzuki up on their website, so I would guess it wasn't a disaster they wish they could forget :D lol

If this wasn't YOUR thread I promise I wouldn't get so off topic :D it's just nice to have this kind of thing "together" when you find it while searching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier