Please vote for tall skinny and tall medium sizes of Trxus MT you'd like to have

Please vote for 1 to 3 sizes you'd be interested in having.

• Total voters

CB3

Hi. Many of you were making great posts in the original thread, but there were a couple people making many off-topic posts and flames in the original thread until it was ruined. So I deleted the original thread. I am remaking the thread as a poll. Please vote for 1 to 3 Trxus MT sizes you want. This will make efficient way for Interco to review results of poll.

I will submit poll results and on-topic posts to Interco. I will not comment on voters/posters size choices. Vote or post for whichever sizes you want, as long as it's based on an existing mold section width. Please see blue text below.

=====

Anyone who did not see the prior thread and is not familiar with this topic, please read topic introduction and explanation below, and then vote in the poll.

Anyone who is already familiar with this topic from prior thread may skip the topic introduction/explanation below, and go vote in the poll.

=====

Hi, I'm CB3. I am not an Interco employee. I'm a 4x4 owner who likes Trxus MT. I find them good on all terrains on and off road, including winter roads and daily driving on road. I think they'd be even better for all purpose and DD if there was a good selection of tall skinny and tall medium width sizes.

If you feel the same, please vote for 3 sizes you'd like to have. Your votes will make the new sizes (that are voted for) possible to get made.

If there is sufficient interest, Interco might make the most popularly requested sizes.

I talked with a senior Interco employee about this. He suggested I make a thread about it at whatever forum I belong to. He told me to contact him after the thread is finished, and he will review it. If there is sufficient interest, he will submit it to Interco management for consideration, and the most popularly requested sizes will have a good chance of getting made.

He said new sizes have to be based on existing molds. i.e. - new heights must based on existing widths.

The existing molds can make 10.1, 10.5, 10.8, and 11.2 section width tires.
. Those are the section widths we have to choose from in whatever heights we want, within the limitations of how tall a radial tire sidewall can be relative to section width and still corner acceptably on road (for the given rim height and load rating). Using this information, I have compiled a list of likely size choices.

Please vote for 3 sizes you want. If you do not see the size you want listed in the polling area above, please post a request. I will submit poll results and on-topic posts to Interco.

It's up to you which new sizes get made. The sizes with most votes/posts will be most likely to be made.

=====

Note: Interco is currently in the process of resuming production of all Trxus MT sizes they made before. Those sizes will soon be plentiful and available in tire stores again. Interco is also willing to consider making popularly requested new sizes based on your votes and posts in this thread.

=====

P.S. - I omitted the following sizes from the poll because these sizes are already made:

31 X 10.5 R15C already made (though it's specs are 31 X 10.8 R15)

32 X 10.5 R16 already made (265/75R16D)

33 X 10.1 R16 already made (255/85R16D)

=====

I plan to submit the poll and on-topic posts to Interco at beginning of February 2011. Your votes and posts might help you get the size(s) you want, and might help the rest of us get the sizes we want.

Thank you for your time, CB3

Attachments

• 131_0910_18_z+4x4_mud_tires_test+interco_trxus_radial_mt.jpg
    131_0910_18_z+4x4_mud_tires_test+interco_trxus_radial_mt.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 14
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3445-1024x768.jpg
    IMG_3445-1024x768.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 9
  • mn6f1lxdq0stqj_sm.jpg
    mn6f1lxdq0stqj_sm.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 4
  • TrXus.jpg
    TrXus.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
  • TRXUS1.jpg
    TRXUS1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 4
  • TrxusMT.jpg
    TrxusMT.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 7
  • trxus_mt.jpg
    trxus_mt.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Thanks for cleaning up the original thread.

How close to production would these potential new sizes be offered? I'll be purchasing new tires this spring and I'm interested in these 35" x 16" offerings.

CB3

Thanks for cleaning up the original thread.

How close to production would these potential new sizes be offered? I'll be purchasing new tires this spring and I'm interested in these 35" x 16" offerings.

Thanks for your great post.

I don't know a date for you. What I was told is that Interco is currently working on resuming production of the sizes they made before. Production resumes one size at a time, I was told. One good sign is that the US Military has discovered the Trxus MT and is now ordering size 37 X 12.5 R16.5 as fast as Interco can make them. I think that's great because it will make Interco healthy and guarantee Trxus MT a permanent place in the 4x4 world and in history. It will make Trxus MT more popular than ever, because many guys like to have what the military have. All this leads me to believe that Interco will be financially able to make new sizes that are popularly requested, especially since those sizes will be based on existing molds (which saves them a lot of money and time).

I'm under the impression that Interco will be fully back in production of all preexisting sizes by February or March 2011, but that is only my impression and best guess. One thing is for sure, Interco is getting off the ropes, getting financially healthy, resuming production, is interested in considering making new sizes (if enough votes/requests), and will be financially able to make new sizes.

That ^ is all good news for people who like Trxus MT, and for those who'd like to have new tall skinny and/or tall medium width sizes.

It seems possible to me that Interco might begin working on new sizes in April. Probably they'd make the most popular, most requested new size first (whichever size that turns out to be), the second most popular next, and so on, until they are making all popularly requested sizes. Proposed new sizes that don't get enough votes/requests won't get made. Popular new sizes with enough requests will (probably) get made.

I don't have a date for you, and we don't yet know which new size will be the most popular, most requested size. My best guess is the most popularly requested new size might get made in April or May, after all preexisting sizes have resumed production. After that, the second most requested new size will (probably) get made, and so on in order of popularity of each new size.

Last edited:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Thanks for the details - that helps a lot. Please keep us posted on what you learn; in turn I'll be patient - I'd rather wait on the size I need as opposed to the size I have to settle for.

CB3

These are possible sizes to make that should have been options in the poll. I accidentally omitted these choices from poll.

If you want any of these sizes, please post your preferences.

33 X 10.5 R16D

33 X 10.5 R16E

35 X 11.2 R16D

35 X 11.2 R16E

36 X 11.2 R16D

36 X 11.2 R16E

35 X 11.2 R17D

35 X 11.2 R17E

36 X 11.2 R17D

36 X 11.2 R17E

Last edited:

Viggen

Just here...
Wasnt there a few issues with people running their 34x10.50(?) sizes where the sidewalls were so tall that they would fold under side loads leading to flop/ roll overs? I swear Ive read about more than one occurrence of this happening.

CB3

Wasnt there a few issues with people running their 34x10.50(?) sizes where the sidewalls were so tall that they would fold under side loads leading to flop/ roll overs? I swear Ive read about more than one occurrence of this happening.

You're post is excellent and well informed. I share your concerns. I've gave thought to planning sizes around it this issue.

I hadn't heard of the specific incidents you mention, but I know it's a potential concern with a very tall narrow radial tire, and I take this issue seriously.

That's why I omitted 34 X 10.5 R15C from the size choices.

I've tried to plan around this issue with the size choices I offered and omitted - so that sizes offered will be safe and possible to make.

I put a 34 X 10.8 R15C choice to make the sidewall a little wider, and therefore more stable, than a 10.5.

With a R16, I think 34 X 10.5 is safe because the 16" wheel supports sidewalls more (i.e. - shorter sidewall), and the load D rating makes sidewalls stiffer. An E has an even stiffer sidewall. That is why I did include 34 X 10.5 R16 D and E choices. I think the sidewalls of D and especially E are stiff enough to NOT lean over, especially on 16" wheel.

An R17 would have even more stable sidewalls since sidewall is shorter per tire height, and load ratings would be D or E.

I share your concerns. I seriously considered these concerns before I started this thread, and I've tried to address them.

This is why I refused to offer even narrower choices when some (in original thread) were flaming me and demanding much narrower choices than I offered. This is why I did not offer 33 X 10.1 R15C; 34 X 10.1 or 10.5 R15C; 35 X 10.1, 10.5, or 10.8 R15. This is why I did not offer 35 X 9, 9.5, or 10.1 in any rim height, even though some (in original thread) were flaming me and demanding them.

I want to make sure the sidewall is wide enough to be safe in relation to the sidewall height and tire load rating. I've tried to use this criteria, along with widths of existing molds, to make a safe list of sizes to vote/post on.

I kept sidewall stability in mind when I was deciding which R15, R16, and R17 sizes to offer. R16, and especially R17, can be (safely) made narrower than R15, but sidewall stability still has to be taken into account with regard to limitations of how tall and narrow a tire can be per rim height and load rating. The load rating affects how narrow a tire can safely be - because a higher load rating has a stiffer sidewall, which reduces sidewall leaning-over during cornering.

I took these things into account to offer safe sizes that are possible to make. Of course, Interco's management and techs will ultimately decide what sizes to make based on these engineering issues, and members votes and posts.

Last edited:

CB3

To late now, but I wish I had included these R15 sizes in the poll:

33 X 11.2 R15C

34 X 11.2 R15C

Those are a couple sizes I'd love to have. Anyone else want either of those sizes? Please post, if you do.

Last edited:

EricRichards

I would like an E rated 10/3 ply 255x85x16, a D rated version does not work well with the full size diesels. Until it happens, sticking to my M55's.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
CB3,

35x10.8R16E is in the poll twice...

Please, add the below to our preferences.

Thanks.

Also, it was probably mentioned, but does anyone know of a source (dealer) with good prices ? (I have looked before and prices are all over the place)

These are possible sizes to make that should have been options in the poll. I accidentally omitted these choices from poll.

If you want any of these sizes, please post your preferences.

35 X 11.2 R16E

36 X 11.2 R16E

CB3

CB3,

35x10.8R16E is in the poll twice...

Please, add the below to our preferences.

Thanks.

Also, it was probably mentioned, but does anyone know of a source (dealer) with good prices ? (I have looked before and prices are all over the place)

Sorry about putting 35x10.8R16E in the poll twice. Accidents happen.

I think that JC Whitney has the best prices on Interco that I´ve seen, and possibly also 4 wheel parts, though I don´t remember for sure. I haven´t done much price shopping yet. So I´m not sure who has best prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier