235/85/16? Let's see them

billiebob

not 235R16s which used to be the heavy pickup standard, these are taller, skinnier old school 7.50R16s
pretty much the standard in Africa and Asia...... was the standard in North America too 50, 60 years ago
DSC_0020.jpeg

billiebob

Love the tall skinny look!! I thought for a bit about putting CJ style flares on my TJ when I was running the 235's... Then the 235's found a home on the comanche and I went to 255/85's... I have Rubicon/Sahara flares, which are a bit wider. Yours appear to be the same... ?? And are those wheels from a Crown Vic, or something else?
a bit late but no, those are generic rims for winter tires, this is the bar code
any tire shop should be able to get them
JEEP RIMS 001.jpeg

SeanBonham

I want to go 235/85/16 on my Tacoma soon. 2012 DCSB. Anyone run Firestone Destination X/Ts in this size? The are light for a E load. Very very little out there in regards to this tire. I have had great experiences with my current Falken Wildpeaks in 265/75/16, but I want that skinny life:) Falkens in 235 are like 8 or 9 lbs heavier than the Firestones.

SeanBonham

That weight was a big reason I went with them. 10lbs lighter than the same size K02s.

I heard the KO2s new compound isnt 3 Peak rated, these are. You can tell by the picture background, I kind of need it to do well on snow.

They were installed yesterday, so no super valuable opinions yet.

The weight didn't seem to be a problem over the stock Goodyear ST. No noticeable power loss.

They have more road noise, not much though, and the soft door uppers are noisier still.

I didn't notice an issues with them being E rated, the ride felt the same.

They fill the wheel wells better than the stock 225/75R16s, and look like they belong on the Jeep.

The tires are smaller, lighter, and less aggressive than what's put on the Rubicon by the factory, so I had little doubt they would work fine.

I'll stick with this size as long as I own the Jeep, but won't know the quality long term on the X/Ts for a while.
Have have these held up for you?

pittsburgh

tacocat
I want to go 235/85/16 on my Tacoma soon. 2012 DCSB. Anyone run Firestone Destination X/Ts in this size? The are light for a E load. Very very little out there in regards to this tire. I have had great experiences with my current Falken Wildpeaks in 265/75/16, but I want that skinny life:) Falkens in 235 are like 8 or 9 lbs heavier than the Firestones.

Did you check out the Toyo AT 3's I feel like they are around 43lbs in 235/85/16

incogneato

roving1

This thread should be turned into a calendar lol. I love all the pics. This tire size just has people building awesome functional rigs at a way higher percentage than average.

Nailhead

My submission:

8e6a3c739b094440b4f6f5975db9d4c1.jpg

Eldorado Mud Claw Extreme M/T replacing 7.50-16 & split rims on this:

9b6a26bb916a1c6a3bc41b958caed54e.jpg

‘72 IH 1310 4x4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94