235/85/16? Let's see them

CYi5

Explorer
235/85/16 E Hankook MT03 on 16x8 LC rims. Yes they're stretched a little :).

IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

128.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

Fergie

Expedition Leader
I love the way 235's look but I do think there are some trucks that they are just too skinny for.
To each their own.

They have done just fine in the snow we've been getting over the past days. Heavy truck and skinny, agressive tires allow me to get through some heavy stuff.
NewYearsSnow005.jpg

threepedals

A pre-season driveway shot of the winter duratracs, didn't get a chance to take any pics during the lastest snow storm.

IMGP3653.JPG

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
235/85/16's on my '04 Taco. Tires were Yokohama Geolander AT-S tires, more for snow than mud...

Newtires01.jpg

...but they did OK in the desert, too:

2009_0525_202536AA.jpg

2009_0527_103435AA.jpg

Summer time close up pic:

2008_0626_194403AA.jpg

Mitubitchy 3.5

Adventurer
Hi,
run 235/85 16 on my Pajero, work well.
The original Size 265/ 70 15 sucks, to wide and
not enough space under the Rig...

6045457.jpg

6045458.jpg

Stephan

Terrainist

Explorer
235/85/r16 is the stock tire size for my '93 Dodge W250 diesel. And I am still running them. They look smallish on a fullsize extended cab truck to some people, but they look okay to me and the truck manufacturer likes to have them on. Besides, I've four wheeled it, it is beyond capable and I don't want to hit my fuel mileage.

Sorry no pics, but if you are out and about and see an old Dodge truck that looks like it might have stock size tires on it, you can go look at it if they peak your interest. They were like that from the factory so there should be a few of them out there.

Its suprising how much taller and wider some of these tires look than the others.

I really like this tire size myself. Tall and narrow has always served me

best. I'll be putting this size on my 1996 Centurion F150 Crew Cab. When i

worked for a large chain, tire store, we had a client that would get this size

in commercial grade tires with a little higher load rating. He served under

contract with the forest service, mapping forest/fire roads. Alot of

experience with different sizes and settled on 235 85 16 for his 1/2 ton

truck. Good road manners and power, better off road clearance and

traction. A good choice for any service.
Mike

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
What's the difference between a 33x9.5/16 and a 235/85/16

I cant seem to find too many in the 235/85 range, but see lots in the 33x9.5

Good to see some many photos. I think this is going to be my next tire

Ohlins

Anybody help out and post any pictures of a Montero/Pajero (Gen 3) with 255/85 R16 mounted?...

My Disco 1 has these sizes of 5 new General Grabber TR tyres on and will be retired tomorrow...I was thinking of changing these onto my,new to me, 2003 LWB Pajero/Montero.

If they fit without any auto gearbox problems then it will mean that they will not go to waste.

Anybody any experience with these on a Pajero?

I find these narrow tyres great on snow here and great for auto route driving..a good all round tyre.....hence why I'm happy using these again rather than buying new different ones

Thanks in advance...

:)

Rando

Explorer
No to take this thread too far of course, but I am in need of some new 235/85 16s and was looking for input on which of the various A/Ts in this size (BFG A/Ts, GY Duratracks, GY Silent Armour etc) are the quietest on the pavement and have the best road manners?

I can't deny the fact that 90% of my driving is on the pavement, so I am looking to compromise between reasonable off road and on road performance. I am not concerned about winter performance as I have blizzacks for the winter nor am I concerned about mud, as it is easy to avoid around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles