greenmeanie

Adventurer
235/85R16 Duratracs

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg
[/IMG]

Cards81fan

Osage Hilltopper
No to take this thread too far of course, but I am in need of some new 235/85 16s and was looking for input on which of the various A/Ts in this size (BFG A/Ts, GY Duratracks, GY Silent Armour etc) are the quietest on the pavement and have the best road manners?

I can't deny the fact that 90% of my driving is on the pavement, so I am looking to compromise between reasonable off road and on road performance. I am not concerned about winter performance as I have blizzacks for the winter nor am I concerned about mud, as it is easy to avoid around here.

With your focus being on silence, and the best road manners, I would recommend Bridgestone without reservation.

http://productcat.bridgestonetire.com/exports/pp_1384595.pdf

I am on my second set of Bridgestone on my Liberty. Dueler Revo was the first, and I got 65,000 miles on a set of 5. It has a set of Dueler APT now (wife drives, 99% highway now) and they are warranted for 60,000 of tread life. They handle excellent, particularly on wet pavement which can be troublesome for many A/T tires.

Rando

Explorer
Thanks for the input. I have read some more about the Dueler Revo, and they do seem to get very high marks for quietness and a smooth ride. Of course the tire that seems to suit my purpose best also has to be close to the most expensive one out there!

With your focus being on silence, and the best road manners, I would recommend Bridgestone without reservation.

http://productcat.bridgestonetire.com/exports/pp_1384595.pdf

I am on my second set of Bridgestone on my Liberty. Dueler Revo was the first, and I got 65,000 miles on a set of 5. It has a set of Dueler APT now (wife drives, 99% highway now) and they are warranted for 60,000 of tread life. They handle excellent, particularly on wet pavement which can be troublesome for many A/T tires.

Ohlins

235's

350,000kms...been to Morocco 3 times along with Spain,Italy,UK,Ireland and of course all over France...

2zywsxe.jpg
[/IMG]

adi

Adventurer
On my old 3/4 ton Chevy. Looking back they don't really look right on the larger truck, but since the factory rims are only 6.5" wide, dealing with larger tires would be new rims, tires, and lift. It had 265/75 street tires on it when I bought it, and they rubbed.

ETA: BFG A/T

IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2613.JPG

Last edited:

Funrover

Expedition Leader
This was a great tire size, looking back I shuld have just stayed at that size. I had the best traction in snow and on rocks. The only downsides I had to them was in really deep snow/mud I sank and they wore out faster. But if I had it to do again that would be my size of choice. I had the BFG AT's

laedme.jpg

IMG_7187.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I love the way 235's look but I do think there are some trucks that they are just too skinny for.
IMO they're never "TOO SKINNY" as you put it (where as PLENTY of "TOO WIDE" tires exist on the N.American market) it's the overall diameter that looks bad on lifted rigs IMO. Trust me, a 36x9.50" tire looks AMAZING on any truck ;) Sure did look sweet on my Aussie 75-ute... Man do I miss that truck...

Odd, how Disco's look good on slightly shorter tires, but an 80 that's lifted even an inch doesn't look good (to me) on anything less then 33" tall...

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles