Do you want a Duratrac 35 R15 size? Let's make it happen.

CB3

Hi. I'm CB3. I do NOT work for Goodyear. I'm a Jeep enthusiast who likes Duratrac tires, and I'd like to be able to buy a 35 X ? R15, but Goodyear doesn't make a 35 R15 size Duratrac.

By 35 R15 I mean any of the following:

35 X 11 R15

35 X 11.5 R15

35 X 12 R15

35 X 12.5 R15

i.e. - any of those widths, 35" tall, 15" wheel.

Before anyone tells me there is a metric size that is 35 tall, and R16; let me say that I want R15 or nothing.

I'm sure there are others besides myself who want a 35 X ? R15 Duratrac.

So how can we get Goodyear to make that size?

Please go to this link and email Goodyear: Contact Goodyear Tires USA
Tell Goodyear you want a 35 tall R15 Duratrac and you might get it.

If enough people contact Goodyear requesting that size, we have a chance of getting that size.

=====

Edited in Later: Goodyear has both their email and toll free phone number at that link. So you can email or call, or both.

Last edited:

CB3

There was a problem with the link to contact Goodyear.

The link is fixed now. See link in OP.

broken1

Observer
Funny. I just contacted them last week asking about the potential for adding 33X10.5/15 and/or 255/85/16 to the Duratrac line. I got (paraphrased) "There are no plans in the works now, but we'll forward on to Marketing..." :(

Unlimited04

something is fishy with CB3.

his posts are long winded, overly wordy and boring as all hell. but he's usually got a good point in there someplace...I just don't read everything, lol.

but I'd love to see 33x10.50R15, 255/85R16 and 35x12.50R15 Duratrac tires. I would have bought 33x10.50's had they been available, I'm just tired of BFG ATs, and wanted something slightly more aggressive with a softer compound. I have no interest in the KM2s, which need far more siping for my use.

I've got Duratracs in 33x12.50R15 and I love them off-road. they ain't bad on the street either, but after driving them the past few days in our recent snow in Denver, they float a little too much. good grip, but they're a little too effected by the snow pack, definitely noticable difference from my previous 31x10.50R15s BFG ATs...the bottom line is 12.50" wide tires ain't ideal for ice and a few inches of snow.

nobody makes a true 33" (or larger) for a 15 or 16" wheel that can be studded. I'd love to see a 33x10.50R15 Duratrac or true winter studded in 33", and I'd definitely buy a set for next winter. Even Green Diamond doesn't make a 33x10.50R15-and I called umpteen times, even left a few messages, even went to a Big-O tire (which carries the brand) and had a rep call Green Diamond....they don't make em, and have no plans to, and you probably couldn't even take them four 33x10.50R15 BFG carcases and get them retreaded with their compound.

Last edited:

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Honestly, if enough people did actually go to the trouble of sending in custom letters, they might actually make the tire.
However, it would probably have to be THOUSANDS of letters, and it would take at least a year before Goodyear would be able to get a mold up and running and actually producing tires. And after a few months of them sitting on the tires adn not selling as many as they thought, they might just scrap that size in that model.

The market is shifting very far away from 15" rims, and tire companies are well aware of this.
The offroad tire market is pointing towards newer fullsize trucs running 17, 18 and 20 inch rims. Even if these trucks rarely actually go offroad, the market for offroad "looking" tires is huge.
The Duratracs are made in 3 sizes on the 15" rim, 9 sizes on the 16" rim, 6 in the 17", 4 in both the 18" and 20" rim sizes.

CB3

I don't think I've made long posts in this thread.

I want Trxus MT for my own use, but I'd also be happy with a Duratrac for my own use. Either would be good for me, if made in a size I want. Currently neither is made in a size I want.

There are many other people who'd like to have a 35 tall, whatever width, R15 Duratrac. I organized an effort to get it done, but I'm only one person. I don't have the power to do anything by myself. The 4x4 community has the power to get what it wants, if enough people want the same thing and let the manufacturer know.

If we can get tire manufacturers to make sizes we want, that benefits everyone who wants those sizes.

No forum has enough members to influence Goodyear, but the combined 4X4 forums have enough members to influence Goodyear. That is why it's necessary to post at multiple forums. I'm not selling anything. I'm not personally profiting. I'm trying to help SUV owners get sizes they want. It's the same thing as a petition. The people who participate are petitioning the tire company to make the size(s) they want.

This isn't just about me getting a size I want, it's about many people getting sizes they want. Together we can influence companies. We have a good chance of influencing Interco, and some chance of influencing Goodyear.

For those who do want a Duratrac in a new size, tell Goodyear what you want (see OP). It's free and it might help. It can't hurt to try.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94