The Land of the Long White Cloud - Random Shots

JeepinBear

Explorer
Kia Ora,

I hope you enjoy this thread which will highlight some random shots from "The Land of the Long White Cloud" - NEW ZEALAND!

Michelle and I recently moved here from the USA and are thoroughly enjoying our new "home".

Please post your shots as well, we look forward to seeing them!

DSC06234.JPG

DSC06242.JPG

DSC06255.JPG

DSC06164.JPG

DSC06211.JPG

DSC06207.JPG

DSC06087.JPG

DSC05934.JPG

DSC05583.JPG

DSC05420.JPG

DSC05408.JPG

DSC05163.JPG

Cheers!

BTW, you can check out a TON of pictures and stories on our FB page called "Living Upside Down". There's a link in my signature...enjoy!

targa88

Explorer
Great pix and nice rig....
Would be curious what inspired you to move to NZ.
Being an expat from Oz - would love to move back.

windsock

Adventurer
Kia ora Patrick and Michelle,

My first post and seems quite apt to welcoming you to NZ. Seems you have settled into your job well and taken onboard a nice Defender and already have some kilometres of travel done and dusted. From the photos above it seems you may have found the gem of a road and location called State highway 38 and Waikaremoana. At least that is what it appears. I daily drive an old 1984 110 flatdeck and for a great fishing trip I visit the lake for rainbow and brown trout as regular as I can.

Anyway, if down this way (lower North Island - Manawatu) at all drop me a PM and I can maybe show you a small bit of the area here perhaps. I regularly fish some of te many rivers around here...

LandRover007small.jpg

WTG006.jpg

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:

Sirocco

Explorer
awsome pics Pat :)

did you guys import the rovers? We are doing a big transiberia trip in 2013 then shipping to Aus or NZ to live and work. From what I have read, importing into NZ is easier.

were still not sure what were doing yet.

G

Mudde1

If your vehicle is road legal in your home country, its road legal here for 1 year. ( usually) If you are bringing it here to stay it could be much harder. if you can tell me exactly what the vehicle is i can get details of what is needed to get it road legal long term.
Email me on
burgesst@xtra.co.nz

Tony.

JeepinBear

Explorer
Great pix and nice rig....
Would be curious what inspired you to move to NZ.
Being an expat from Oz - would love to move back.

We simply fell in love with the place. We had other opportunities, but after seeing NZ, my new company, and the people, we knew this is where we should be.

Kia ora Patrick and Michelle,

My first post and seems quite apt to welcoming you to NZ. Seems you have settled into your job well and taken onboard a nice Defender and already have some kilometres of travel done and dusted. From the photos above it seems you may have found the gem of a road and location called State highway 38 and Waikaremoana. At least that is what it appears. I daily drive an old 1984 110 flatdeck and for a great fishing trip I visit the lake for rainbow and brown trout as regular as I can.

Anyway, if down this way (lower North Island - Manawatu) at all drop me a PM and I can maybe show you a small bit of the area here perhaps. I regularly fish some of te many rivers around here...

Cheers,

Phil

Thanks Phil, and ya nailed some of the locations. Such a beautiful country! We're still looking for some good trails on the North Island! ny links you can share would be appreciated. I did get the SpotX book!

awsome pics Pat :)

did you guys import the rovers? We are doing a big transiberia trip in 2013 then shipping to Aus or NZ to live and work. From what I have read, importing into NZ is easier.

were still not sure what were doing yet.

G

I bought mine here off of a site called TradeMe which is kind of like our E-Bay. Michelle found her car on it too!

windsock

Adventurer
Thanks Phil, and ya nailed some of the locations. Such a beautiful country! We're still looking for some good trails on the North Island! ny links you can share would be appreciated. I did get the SpotX book!

If I was you and looking for more trails I would look at some of the many and varied 4WD clubs around the Waikato/Auckland area. Usually some good trips organised from there. A extensive list of clubs is here.

hmmm single malt... :drool:

:D A bottle of the good stuff from the ancestral homeland region. :wings:

Catch you around one day. It is not a big country... :victory:

Isuzu 4x4 Bus

tripping around New Zealand

Will post some pics of NZ as we go

Attachments

• whereisthis.jpg
    whereisthis.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 20
  • Cape Palliser 022.jpg
    Cape Palliser 022.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Cape Palliser 020.jpg
    Cape Palliser 020.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Cape Palliser 011.jpg
    Cape Palliser 011.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Cape Palliser 046.jpg
    Cape Palliser 046.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Cape Palliser 005.jpg
    Cape Palliser 005.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Cape Palliser 030.jpg
    Cape Palliser 030.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 23
  • lgetangyerdpic.JPG
    lgetangyerdpic.JPG
    336.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Cape Palliser 047.jpg
    Cape Palliser 047.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 22

JeepinBear

Explorer
More Pics

Sunset view from the Kaimai range on the North Island:
DSC06955.JPG

One BIG canoe for all you fellow canoeists:
DSC06978.JPG

Out in the Bay of Islands:
DSC07216.JPG

Read this:
DSC07304.JPG

A pic of Tane Mahuta:
DSC07299.JPG

And me in front of the 2000 yr old tree for scale:
DSC07300.JPG

We went here again for the first time in about a year. This time, the whole set has been re-established for the pending filming of the next two films, but we can't post our pictures until the movies come out...darn it. But, it was AWESOME to be in the actual dressed sets:
DSC07307.JPG

Me inside the Waitomo Caves...BTW glow worms are beautiful in the pitch black:
DSC07515.JPG

As always, more pics on our "Living Upside Down" page on FB (see signature).

FLYFISHEXPERT

LivingOverland.com
From our trip to the south island with JeepinBear. We already miss them and New Zealand!

Nugget Point Lighthouse, New Zealand
_DSC1239.jpg

Otago Harbor, New Zealand
_DSC0810.jpg

Aramoana, New Zealand
_DSC1198.jpg

Christchurch Devastation
_DSC0241.jpg

_DSC0245.jpg

_DSC0265.jpg

_DSC0273.jpg

_DSC0162.jpg