Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack's 2007 Chevy Build

Default Jack's 2007 Chevy Build

Well, there has been a major change in the overlanding rig. I went from this:

To this:

The build will be slow and a lot more mellow than the 80. Most likely, H2's, 285's, and then...

The eventual plan is for a FWC.

Jack
    Last edited by locrwln; 09-28-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    2007 2500hd, Max/Alli, Hawk FWC (the new explorer)
    Build thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...07-Chevy-Build
    2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon-Sold
    1985 4Runner 22rte-Project...
    KE7NCK

sorry

good luck with the build
    04 toyota sequoia, to keep the wife happy

09 silverado 4 dr, 35's,

89 4-runner; 3" BL, 255/85 bighorns on '09 taco steelies, 5.29's, rear spool, cobra 25, hella 500's w/more to come

Great upgrade and better mileage.
    '06 Liberty Limited CRD, Franken lifted, OME shocks, BFG 245/75/16, Magnaflow, ORM, ALLJs rear rack, Lightforce, TJM front bumper, Scorpion diesel tuner and Baja tested.
    2003 Dodge 3500 SRW, LB 4x4 Laramie, Banks sixgun tuner, Banks 4" exhaust, Buckstop Baja bumper, leveling kit, Aerotanks 60 gal. fuel tank, Lightforce offroad lights. 315-70-17 BFG
    '04 ST1300
    '06 Yamaha TW 200 POS sold
    1996 DR650 now a 790

Congrats. I have been able to find some good stuff here: Z71 Tahoe / Suburban forums

I don't know if this will work for yours, but the price is right: All four on high mod.pdf

If you have the power seats, cutting the stop to allow them to recline is a good one too.

Stock 1500 keys will work on the front to lift a couple inches if you need to. I still have mine around somewhere if you need them send me a PM.
    Great color. Add a little red clay and it will be perfect!
    "Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-mechanic from Mad Max-
    If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
    - BLT Offroad KE7CSK

SW Portland OR... or as far away from civilization as time and money allow
    Bummer Man... You went from a reliable piece of machinery to a GM product (the athisis of the previous statement) I just can't fathom what on earth would make you swap an LC for a POJ GM truck??? I'm guessing it has something to do with work and a freee vheicle otherwise... WHOOPS. Could have at LEAST gotten a Dodge (aka a decent domestic truck LEAPS and bounds above anything with a Bow tie on it)

First mod: Checking for all the TSB's (gonna be ALOT of them I'm guessing) on the truck and getting those fixed... Then you can actually DRIVE it.

Is it too late for you to get the Cruiser back??? I'm getting sick for you just looking at the pics/post... God how I hate GM products. I'm SO SORRY for your loss.

Cheers

DAve
    *EMS/Fire/Rescue/Winderness EMS guy... it comes in handy from time to time.*
    - 95 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Limited: Project "4Rescue2" underway
    *1KZ-TE Diesel, SAS, OME Rear Leaf suspension conversion, Custom Armor... I'm going grey faster then this truck is getting finished.
    - 89 Toyota 4Runner dubbed "Project 4Rescue": Rafting/Exploration rig, Rescue rig, daily driver, Home away from home...
    *22RE 5spd. OME suspension, 33x10.50 BFG At's, Marlin Armor, 389K miles

Congrats on your new truck. I have a 2003 1500 and love it. Yes it has its issues, but what vehicle doesn't. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
    2003 Chevy Silverado, EC/SB, Z71 285/75R16 BFG At's

Nice LBZ !

more than capable of towing a trailer full of broken toyotas
    Last edited by Silverado; 01-03-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Rescue View Post
    Bummer Man... You went from a reliable piece of machinery to a GM product (the athisis of the previous statement) I just can't fathom what on earth would make you swap an LC for a POJ GM truck??? I'm guessing it has something to do with work and a freee vheicle otherwise... WHOOPS. Could have at LEAST gotten a Dodge (aka a decent domestic truck LEAPS and bounds above anything with a Bow tie on it)

First mod: Checking for all the TSB's (gonna be ALOT of them I'm guessing) on the truck and getting those fixed... Then you can actually DRIVE it.

Is it too late for you to get the Cruiser back??? I'm getting sick for you just looking at the pics/post... God how I hate GM products. I'm SO SORRY for your loss.

Cheers

DAve

Dude, Dave, why do you have to come into people's threads and crap all over them? There's lots of GM rigs that are serving and will continue to serve their owners needs for a long time.

You did the same thing when I mentioned my Jeep has been a great rig for two years for me, and communicated that to Phil in his thread.

I know you like your 4runner and toyota's in general, but jeez man, give it a rest.
    "For He so loved the world, that He sent His only son..."

Brian
    KJ6GXX
    Mama's rig:
    2015 Ford F150 crew cab:"Snowball"
    Bigdaddy's daily:
    2013 Honda Civic:"The appliance"
    Bigdaddy's therapy:
    1947 CJ2A:"Desert Rose"

Quote Originally Posted by locrwln View Post
    Well, there has been a major change in the overlanding rig. I went from this:

To this:

The build will be slow and a lot more mellow than the 80. Most likely, H2's, 285's, and then...

The eventual plan is for a FWC.

Jack
    Looks like a solid Chevy you have there. That 3/4 ton pick-up should last you a lifetime!

Default It's a matter of opinion.

Maybe a little harsh man, really.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Rescue View Post

Cheers

DAve

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast