2006 BMW R1200GS Adventure Non-ABS

jaygoss

I've had the itch for a new ride, so I've decided to sell my BMW. Here are the specs:

-2006 non-ABS version
-approx 12,600 miles
-BMW factory pannier system
-TKC's (approx 200 miles on front/1500 miles on rear)
-garage kept, connected to Battery Tender

General photo link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57808589@N06/sets/72157625730711382/

I purchased the bike in 4/09 at Foothills BMW with 9955 miles; I am the second owner. Since I've owned it it has been used mostly on the highway and dirt roads to get from one camping spot to another. It was stock when I purchased it in '09- since then the following farkles have been added:

-Ohlins from Max BMW(setup for 185lb rider riding 50/50 on road/off road and 50% 2up riding slab only. Confused yet?! I have the original shocks as well)
-RK Tank Bag
-TT LED directionals (have originals)
-TT headlight guard
-TT/"BRAKE!" LED rear brake light
-TT side stand foot
-TT folding gear lever selector
-TT rear brake lever
-Sargent Front/Rear seats (have original grey/black seats)
-Remus Muffler (have original)
-Maier rear mud guard
-Barkbusters (have original guards)

Farkles link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57808589@N06/sets/72157625605224757/

Service work since I've owned it:

-4/25/09 @ Foothills BMW: Bike brought in for warranty front rotor replacement and to check for "warped front wheel" (later turned out to be a bad tire)

-5/5/09 @ Woody's Wheel Works: Wheels X-Laced and trued. (thought wheel was warped but found I had a bad front tire! $510 mistake- ouch!)

-6/13/09 @ Foothills BMW: front/rear tires replaced to address bad front tire and swap from TKC's to Tourances

-10/09 @ BMW of Denver: new front TKC and old rear TKC reinstalled for camping trip, rear brake pads replaced

-6/10 by owner: Final drive and transmission fluids replaced with synthetic, oil change, air filter replacement (valve clearances checked by BMW tech)

As far as wear and tear items go, the metal gas tank protector has a couple of scratches and the bottom edge of the left pannier has a small dent and some scratches. The left mirror has a crack in the plastic where it joins the stalk (it works fine and does not vibrate at speed, so I have not replaced). The fuel tank has a wear mark where the tank bag has worn the paint and there are a couple of scratches near the filler; all tank marks are covered by the tank bag. If you're concerned as you read this please check out the link below; I'm all about full disclosure and I have probably overemphasized normal nicks, scrapes, etc. I realize someone may be purchasing this sight unseen (in person) and my goal is to minimize any surprises.

wear and tear link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57808589@N06/sets/72157625730657138/

That's pretty much the gist of it- this is a nicely equipped GS without the quirks and worries of ABS. The photos show a Zumo, battery tender lead and (if you have a sharp eye) an Autocom lead; I plan on keeping those. Not pictured is a set of Tourances with approximately 1000 miles on them- the purchaser is welcome to them if he/she is so inclined. My reason for selling is...well...I'm bored. I tend to buy bikes, farkle them out then lose my shirt about every 2 years; guess it's time to start the vicious cycle again.

My latest interest is a mint KTM 950 Adventure S (990 would be a second choice)

other possible trades:
-KTM 690 Enduro R
-'09 or newer KTM 530 EXC or XCW
-'10 Husaberg FE570/450

If you have one of these and are interested in a trade scenario I'm willing to discuss.

Price: $11,500 obro

Attachments

• front:side.jpg
    front:side.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 1,379
  • ohlinsrear.jpg
    ohlinsrear.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 321
  • remus.jpg
    remus.jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 419
Last edited: