Safari Pacific MTB

1speed

Explorer
Travis wants a mountain bike!

I have the honor of building a mountain bike for Travis. I hope he likes it, he's leaving it all up to me. (You know how picky he is about his gear!:sombrero:)

P1060485.jpg

1speed

Explorer
The lucky dog is getting the last of my stock of what I consider the best all around 26" MTB tire ever made. (unfortunately discontinued a few years ago)

PC260481.jpg

Truvativ cranks.

PC260478.jpg

Cane Creek Solos headset.

P1060502.jpg

1speed

Explorer
The wheelset is Hope XC hubs, DT Supercomp spokes, DT alloy nipples, and Mavic 717 rims that I built. The drivetrain is all Sram: XO rear derailluer, X9 front, X9 shifters, cassette, and chain. Avid Juicy Seven brakes.

P1090537.jpg

Older but awesome Manitou Minute Two fork. I can't remember the year but it's a sub 4lb 100 mm fork with all the adjustments. Salsa skewers.

P1090536.jpg

Race Face Next SL 31.8 carbon bars and a Race Face Evolve stem.

P1090535.jpg

Race Face Next SL carbon seatpost and Fizik Gobi saddle.

P1090539.jpg

1speed

Explorer
This is a very sweet frame. Shimano XTR shift cables.

P1090551.jpg

Nice sliding dropouts if Travis wants to try single speed.

P1060490.jpg

Just waiting on grips and pedals!

P1090534.jpg

P1090533.jpg

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Jim

Doesn't Travis get a little basket on the handle bars in case he goes shopping?? :sombrero:

Martyn

I generally try hard to match components for just the right look. I'm having a hard time finding a basket, bell, and handlebar tassles that work together.:sombrero:

I know you can do it Jim. I'm 100% behind Travis on the pink tassles, can you get them to rotate in different directions?

nomad1964

Voodoo Frames!

I love the build quality, on those frames.
Great job on the build up i'm envious.
:victory::victory::victory:

Martyn

Jim

All joking aside, the bike is a thing of beauty. You really make a great product.

1speed

Explorer
Jim

All joking aside, the bike is a thing of beauty. You really make a great product.

Thanks Martyn, bike and wheel building really are labors of love for me. Someday I hope to take a frame building class and then I can really say I "built" a bike!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online