Expedition Leader
:sombrero: '09 JKU

in the middle, up outta the way-convenient

spod005.jpg

Antenna on the third brake light--highest spot-outta the way

11-21-10-snow027.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

jim65wagon

In the dash on the Tundra for now.....it's a compact CB and I thought it would fit perfectly in that spot for the cupholders....I did not know there was a metal bracket behind there, just close enough to keep the CB sticking out far enough to get bumped with the passengers leg. I'm going to move it somewhere else someday.

3384991739_a4ab8b15c1.jpg

The mike actually hangs off the ashtray door just to the left in the picture now....

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
i think it still looks good man.. how much metal would have to be trimmed to get it in there flush?

bobDog

Expedition Leader
i think it still looks good man.. how much metal would have to be trimmed to get it in there flush?
grew up in C. Springs. When I was a kid and in the scouts we always had a guy from Ft. Carson (Camp Carson when I was a cub) sponsoring us some how....good memories....what a place
Remember Nike missiles testing down range!:wings::coffeedrink:

Snafu

Adventurer
This is keeping me inspired to finish mine...been working on it when I can since Sunday...so far I have all the supplies bought, antenna mounted, and spiffy new Blue Sea fuse box all installed and wired up ready to go.

I went a different route than most people and got a 63" Browning whip...So far its doing great on washboard roads...which means it hasn't fallen off :sombrero:

I'll get a bunch of pictures this weekend...fitting anything into the interior I have is going to be fun.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
heres my setup.

when i go to black carpet ill hide the mounts and wiring under the carpet.

33796329303.jpg

with a 3" firestick mounted to the fender using a ford superduty pickup mount. drilled 3 holes for the mount and put it just far enough forward to where i can see it from the drivers seat so i can watch it on the branches.

33796329291.jpg

does anyone know a place to get cheap mic mounts? i got a black rubber band around mine hanging from the rearview, not a prolem just looks tacky
Radio Shack?:coffee:

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
wow some of these setups are making me feel inferior lol

right now i have a cobra 19 and a 36" firestik

but I am planning on **** canning the 19, and going with a tuned and peaked Cobra 29 LTD Classic or possibly the army strong edition and the 36" firestik off of a front fender antenna mount

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
does anyone know a place to get cheap mic mounts? i got a black rubber band around mine hanging from the rearview, not a prolem just looks tacky

i made my own out of aluminum, i didn't want to drill holes in my dash so i used tin snips to cut and shape one to fit behind the trim

Photo161.jpg

Photo162.jpg

Photo163.jpg

kjp1969

Explorer
Mine is the same Cobra 75, but the mic clip is on a ram mount next to the GPS- remove one mount and it all goes away for the stealth look. Antenna is a through-the-roof Wilson with a long, long whip. Everything works well- during tuning TEOTWAKI and I were talking 1.5 miles apart in the city with plenty of buildings obstructing our line-of-sight.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
An internal roll cage and trick tabs make for easy radio mounting
I run open top most of the time, if I ever get the soft top on I'll install a grommet for the antenna.
DSCN1479.jpg

The external speaker, necessary with and open top truck, mounts on the B hoop right behind my head
DSCN1481.jpg

View of the trick tabs used for mounting the radio
DSCN1482.jpg

And the view from the drivers seat, it's very easy to see and operate the radio. With a bikini top this is also the driest part of the truck in rain.
DSCN1483.jpg

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
while we are on the conversation of the antenna's and radios... whats the general consensus of the external speakers.. how viable of a part is it? meaning at what point do you need to have an external speaker?

*Lets not confuse this with the PA speaker*

rusty_tlc

Explorer
while we are on the conversation of the antenna's and radios... whats the general consensus of the external speakers.. how viable of a part is it? meaning at what point do you need to have an external speaker?

*Lets not confuse this with the PA speaker*
That is very dependent on the truck and the radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior