show your cb radio and antenna install

roostercruiser

Adventurer
In my 87 burban I'm running a 1977 Palomar 21 CB. It works great it different than most radios out there nowadays.
IMG_20110329_144843.jpg

roostercruiser

Adventurer
I ran the coax behind my trim . And mounted a ball on side rear. To access it you have to go through taillight. And I'm running a 102 inch steel whip.
IMG_20110329_122722.jpg

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
The dash of my Trooper has a nice slot for a CB, got the Cobra 18 with the speaker on the face, ideal for in-dash installations:
CBandradioantennainstall009.jpg

The antenna is on the rear door spare tire mount.
CBandradioantennainstall001.jpg

It's probably not the optimal location on the vehicle for transmitting, but it works well enough for trail use, and is pretty safe from tree branches.
IMGP0238.jpg

theksmith

Explorer
originally had just the Midland all-in-the-hand CB mounted on a Panavise bracket using a universal cell-phone button clip as a hanger. the CB has no other box or anything needed, it just runs to the antenna connetor and a extra cig lighter plugin that i added inside the center console to keep the wiring clean:

CIMG0763.JPG

over time, the CB moved to the left, the HAM mic was added on the right, and more junk was added above it all:

P1110123.JPG

the Kenwood HAM control panel is up high, and the main portion of it is mounted inside the knee panel under the steering column:

P1110110.JPG

P1020640.JPG

the speaker for the HAM was a Kendwood auxiliary speaker, cut open and glued to to the panel just below the speedo on the left of the steering wheel. a hole was drilled in the panel and the speaker grill was re-used behind the hole. this means that all HAM sounds come mainly into my left ear and all CB sound comes mainly into my right ear and that helps me not get confused as to what is what when people start talking.

P1110103.JPG

P1110108.JPG

the flexible whip style with base-tunable-coil CB antenna and Diamond HAM antenna are both mounted on stainless steel tabs which are screwed into the body inside the tail-light cavities:

P1110125.JPG

the CB side used to have a spring and Firefly antenna before i switched to just a whip style. i still use and like the low-profile Fire-ring connector/cable:

P1000317.JPG

i used the Diamond Antenna brand UHF style connector/cable for the HAM (it's very small high quality cable and i still use that little cap it came with to keep water out when i remove the antenna for car washes):

P1000316.JPG

here's how the tabs attach:

P1000307.JPG

and i actually dremelled out my taillights so that they still could sit perfectly level (not required, they will just cock a little sideways to fit the tab):

P1000308.JPG

i just followed existing cables on the passenger side for the CB cable (then under the passenger seat into the center console):

P1000306.JPG

the HAM cable does the same thing, but stays on the drivers side all the way to the front knee-panel where the radio is.

well that's my whole comm setup, hopefully gives some ideas to others. my only issue is sometimes a really low branch will catch an antenna near it's base and bend a tab down a bit, but i just bend it back up and it's all good. i'm sure after another 100 times or so they might get weak and break, but it's a pretty rare occurrence actually.

U-turn

U-Turn
Simple rollbar mount. Power is hard wired.

DSCN4916.jpg

Ran the antenna off the rear and grounded it to the frame. Spent 30 min tuneing the antenna and away we go!

DSCN5331.jpg

:safari-rig:

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
just realized i never posted pictures of my setup.

I have a Cobra LTD29 Classic (stock) with a 48" firestik

E23C4C86.jpg

90C8F91C.jpg

603C4884.jpg

89C448F1.jpg

I do need a external speaker for my CB as it is very quiet, because my diesel is quite loud. the actual mounting for the CB will be changing very soon as I am going to get F650 dash modification.

image.gif

i already have gauges on my pillar so those wont be going down there, except for possibly one for an air compressor for my air horns.. I am going to mod it to hold my cb for a cleaner appearance, drill a small hole for my tuner knob, and mount my trailer brake controller in it. there are a few other ideas on how to do mine and what to do, but this seems to be the most acceptable in my eyes. if i find a pic of it with the cb mounted in it, i will post it up!

rabbiporkchop

Adventurer
picture.php

Magnum S-9 in Tuffy console
1980-1329072527-51f85a3e413b2b8d1c590bd05bb3d716.jpg

Wilson 5000 roof mount antenna
1976-1329072289-e3ea2484b7db58ac26d1bc40c42544ec.jpg

Notice I had to drill a hole in the side of the console to plug my microphone in.

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I have dual 4ft fire sticks w/ springs mounted to my headache rack. For my Uniden pro..something or other. The PA is mounted inside my front grill. The small antennae you see is for my cell phone booster.

Pendleton-20120603-00136.jpg

I Took some angle iron and welded them to my headache rack after boring a hole in them.

Pendleton-20120603-00137.jpg

In this pic, you can see my cb mounted under the dash there, with the mic holder a little higher. The toggle switch you see in a separate power source control point for my scanner, CB and hopefully soon( fiances permiting) a Yeaseu quad band FT-8900R. In my profession (SAR and Medic work) it is really handy to have a central switch for all my communication devices and not having to have the engine running. with the exception of my Cell Booster( which is switched through my ignition so its only on when my truck is running. My Uniden Bearcat scanner is mounted inside what is the stock sunglasses holder there by the rear view mirror.

Pendleton-20120603-00138.jpg

irish_11

Explorer
Nothing too crazy/custom, but this is how I have mine mounted up in my FJ62. It is supported off the review mirror with a piece of 2" wide flat stock steel. All the wires are fished through the headliner to give it a decently clean look.

557969_10100145819877850_371935066_n.jpg

beachbum2020

Observer
Cobra 29 LX. Relocated the sunroof switch on order to roof mount. Duel Firesticks at the moment. Have a backup CB and scanners to install next (one scanner was mounted in front of the light in the pic, had to send back to manufacturer for repair). Soon to switch main CB to a longer Firestick mounted on rear spare tire carrier, second CB to one Firestick in place of one of the duel's and one of my scanners to a matching scanner Firestick in place of one of the duel's. After istalling all of that I should be tired and wired ;)

3962c8fd.jpg

Rearview.png

133.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier