Universal cone style paper airfilters

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Anyone know of a company that makes univeral style clamp on air filters out paper. In particular I'm looking for one with a 3" id clamp-able flange, that's about 5" round and 6.5" long. I would like to get rid of my K&N but am somewhat stuck with my airbox setup which requires a cone/round-straight filter.

Thanks guys

jim65wagon

I don't know about a paper filter, but I've been running a cone style AEM Dryflow for a couple of years now......

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I was looking at those aswell but how well do they filter? My oil is getting dirty way too fast (1000 miles = very dark) with my K&N and I run OEM oil filters.

xpndbl3

Adventurer
you can buy a prefilter for those K&N that are foam and go around them. Otherwise dark doesn't necessarily mean it's clogged FYI

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Found a solution: 88ish Honda Preludes come with a cone style paper filter stock. I had to cut off some of the flange but other than that it fit perfect.

Thanks for the help guys

corax

Explorer
Found a solution: 88ish Honda Preludes come with a cone style paper filter stock. I had to cut off some of the flange but other than that it fit perfect.

Thanks for the help guys

Acura Integras also came with a round filter and a slick air filter housing that easily adaptable. Some Fords have round filters also, but I think they're probably a bit bigger than you're looking for

this one's a Ford
IMG_0154a.JPG

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
ya the integra gsr uses the same filter as the old prelude.

That's the one I'm using at least until I can get ahold of a stock 80's supra airbox to see if that will fit. My main issue is that I am running a supra AFM. I built a airbox that works great but is somewhat of a pain to get into in comparison to a stock airbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94