Isuzu Trooper Storage

mires

Adventurer
This may be a bit of an odd question. I am in the market for an Isuzu Trooper and I really like that the rear doors have built in compartments/pockets/whatever you want to call them. My question is how big are they and what kinds of things can you store in there? It is hard to get an idea of the usable size of them from pictures. Also I see a smaller compartment inside the netted area on the rear door. What in the world is in that tiny compartment? Pics of these areas all loaded up would be great to get an idea of their size. Sorry for such an odd question.

S

Squatchout

You must be looking at second gens. They are good for things like flares, flashlights, 1st aid kits, ratchet straps, work gloves things like that. If I recall from my 2000 a soda can won't quite fit in the compartments opening thickness wise. Being a cyclist I used to use the stretchy net thing to hold water bottles.

There is also under the back seat in the later ones a small storage box that will hold jumper cables and things like that. Some space under the front seats as well. In my 1st gen I keep the jack and tools under the drivers seat(factory location). Under the pass front seat are the 1st aid kit, a couple of old clean towels. Big Mag light.

I have a tool box that I made for my 1st Trooper back in '88 out of old 1"x12" shelf lumber. 12"x12"x distance between rear wheel wells. It has a padlock hasp and handles on the ends. Straps down with web straps to factory tie downs. It doesn't take up much room but serves to hold everything from a small compressor to recovery gear, oil, come along and chains and straps. Amazing what you can fit in it. It's moved from truck to truck since the late '80s an is now back in a 1st gen Trooper where it belongs.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
That small little door is where the rear washer fluid spout is located to re-fill the rear washer fluid. I loved the storage options on my 98. And there is a good amount of room in the cubby hole under the rear seats, I could store jumper cables and a good assortment of tools down there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne