UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Oh man! I LOVE the idea of an LS in that thing! Damn! That would be so much fun!

It will be! I've always loved the idea of a fast wagon, I just love wagons in general. And these have always intrigued me. I looked at another one a few weeks ago, it wasn't in the shape I wanted. This car was a 2 owner local ride, bought to from a man that has had it since 2000, kept excellent records of every repair, actually fixed things when they broke, I'm super happy with it. It runs great too, Neil will keep the stock motor for his eventual 240 wagon build since he wants to do a turbo on a stock motor.

My first car was a Volvo 245, wish it had an LS!!

Some inspiration:

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/07/intercontimental-missile-volvo-v8-wagon-of-fun/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've come across that bad boy a few times! Sick build. I've debated turbo or not, will stick to NA for now. 400HP will be plenty for this run around town and scare the kids ride. 1st step will be paint!

Oldcarnut

Adventurer
1st step paint!?!? Why? Leave it faded so don't have to worry about door dings and no one would ever suspect something that looks like that to hail ***.
Btw, wagons do rock and lookout for the Wagon Mafia.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I agree, skip the paint for the very last touch, while working on it, hooning it and such you want have to worry.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
1st step paint!?!? Why? Leave it faded so don't have to worry about door dings and no one would ever suspect something that looks like that to hail ***.
Btw, wagons do rock and lookout for the Wagon Mafia.

The faded paint bugs me. Can't see in the pic but the hood & roof have very little clear left, doesn't look good.

I agree, skip the paint for the very last touch, while working on it, hooning it and such you want have to worry.

NO ROB! NO! ha

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Class of 2017 for the rigs we built here at UJOR galactic HQ. Love the variety, love our customers, love all of these E series rigs!

26116411_10214311328835648_7645081056503472359_o.jpg

26063318_10214311328875649_8410992849851025855_o.jpg

26172656_10214311328795647_2844305062676164518_o.jpg

Wishing everyone a great 2018, I have a lot of plans!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Tear down! Customer asked that I don't post pics until he gets his eyes on it in person so this is all anyone will see until she's done!

26171440_1787847694567784_6820788399277647151_o.jpg

Sherpa is on the trailer!

26169692_1787851771234043_9198100738886250328_n.jpg

ambocamper99

I'm so grateful for comment about speed. Without it, after 5k miles on one of Chris' rigs, I'd never have known 85 was too fast.

As for bambi impacts, I have TWO dinosaurs, one for each of you.Beast with boats.jpg

Hitting an animal at speed is no fun, but I'll take my integral welded bull bar over a passenger car any day. For out west I think I'm gonna rig some cables from the bull bar to the roof rack, but that's more for moose. It's still a work in progress, but my grill should make sure that when bambi gets to the 7.3, he's stew meat.

Chris' rigs are absurdly poised. They even do well on twisty roads, which are everywhere around here. Just got back from FL where we found ourselves hammering down lots of rough dirt roads at 50-60. With current state of interior build, it hardly even rattles. Did find ourselves over 80 a few times last night before hitting the grade back into town. Love the Beast.

Teamoatmealpie

Observer
Speaking of beasts I see 27 beasties plus the Ambo Beast above, and we are on page 666. Chris you're middle name isn't Damien is it????

All kidding aside, I can't be the only one who looks at this thread daily to see what you're working on. One of these days I am going to sell my Chevy and get my own Beast built by you guys. Keep up the good work.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I'm so grateful for comment about speed. Without it, after 5k miles on one of Chris' rigs, I'd never have known 85 was too fast.

As for bambi impacts, I have TWO dinosaurs, one for each of you.View attachment 430098

Hitting an animal at speed is no fun, but I'll take my integral welded bull bar over a passenger car any day. For out west I think I'm gonna rig some cables from the bull bar to the roof rack, but that's more for moose. It's still a work in progress, but my grill should make sure that when bambi gets to the 7.3, he's stew meat.

Chris' rigs are absurdly poised. They even do well on twisty roads, which are everywhere around here. Just got back from FL where we found ourselves hammering down lots of rough dirt roads at 50-60. With current state of interior build, it hardly even rattles. Did find ourselves over 80 a few times last night before hitting the grade back into town. Love the Beast.

Glad you're ripping up the road!

Speaking of beasts I see 27 beasties plus the Ambo Beast above, and we are on page 666. Chris you're middle name isn't Damien is it????

All kidding aside, I can't be the only one who looks at this thread daily to see what you're working on. One of these days I am going to sell my Chevy and get my own Beast built by you guys. Keep up the good work.

Hmmm, plead the 5th.

Thanks for checking in. For years I've been talking to guys that ck this thread often w/o posting so I know you guys are out there!

page 666 ******

Told ya

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I've been brainstorming this for several years, have a HUGE list of topics and ideas so 2018 is the year to make it happen. GearheadSquaretable will be a discussion show about cars, trucks, camping, everything that we talk about when hanging at the shop, etc. Arguments, opinions, beer, good fun. We'll have guests, different cars/trucks at every show, interviews, just 4 regular dudes talking s&*%. We're working on all of the equipment and technical stuff right now, I'll announce the 1st show date soon. Eventually we'll move to a live show because I want interaction from guys at home. The Facebook page has been up for some time, I just started the Instagram today, no sense in spending time on it until we're ready to go.

So give the FB or IG page a like!

26240404_10214378954286242_1909040389837876466_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke