UJOR Build Thread

bajarat

Explorer
Chris:

Can you share the specs on this great build?

Axle
Lift
R springs
Tire makes and sizes?

Very interested in all that you can take a moment to share.

i-ZnFpG6D.jpg

Thanks!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Chris:

Can you share the specs on this great build?

Axle
Lift
R springs
Tire makes and sizes?

Very interested in all that you can take a moment to share.

i-ZnFpG6D.jpg

Thanks!

Sure! It has our 6" leaf system, Stage 2 front axle with 4.56 gears SSBC brakes and a Spyntec hub conversion to make it 8 on 6.5. Springs were spec'd to the exact weight. The tires are Cooper SST Max, 255/85/16 in the rear, 295/70/17 up front. We powder coated all of the wheels to match the front aluminess bumper.

AWD & 350hp !

YES!

Ty_Deschaine

AlphaVan is road worthy! Up at alignment right now, now I can start adding the miles.

17498660_1493712643981292_422670174151027541_n.jpg

Drool! Curious about the interior. Have you built it out yet?

Also, I'm looking into adding false gutters to my fiberglass top for a rack. Is this possible if there isn't any reinforcement in the fiberglass in my desired location?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
We're not building the interior, SMB TX is. You can do the false gutters with no reinforcements but I'd plate it as large as possible to help spread the load.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Twisted up the coil kits today to see what they can do. The 4" did better than expected with its limited up travel, 10" of front wheel travel at the hub. V8 didn't do as well, needs longer shocks. It has 880 coils which are more than the 5.4 needs so it sits high and ran out of shock travel. Look forward to the improvements!

17342603_1487934691225754_1683764503704539353_n.jpg

Cool. Can you post any pics from the driver side angle?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
We're not building the interior, SMB TX is. You can do the false gutters with no reinforcements but I'd plate it as large as possible to help spread the load.

Seriously?????????????? All of this money into the over-the-top mechanicals, and then he sends it to SMB for some low-grade wood, staples, and grandma's 1970 door handles?? :( :( :(

GNTY

Adventurer
Seriously?????????????? All of this money into the over-the-top mechanicals, and then he sends it to SMB for some low-grade wood, staples, and grandma's 1970 door handles?? :( :( :(
I second that!! I'm shocked. I've owned 2 SMB and the interior materials used are horrible, especially for what they cost. I just removed my SMB interior for some work and nothing is salvageable, the particle board just fell apart.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I second that!! I'm shocked. I've owned 2 SMB and the interior materials used are horrible, especially for what they cost. I just removed my SMB interior for some work and nothing is salvageable, the particle board just fell apart.

Ugh, another one. Sorry to hear. :(
Maybe Chris can shed some light on the mindset. Maybe all the budget went into the mechanicals?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
He's had several interiors from them, all minimalistic compared to what we normally see. Budget isn't an issue and there aren't many options out there.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Interesting. Many more options for interiors than before, and most of the newcomers have experienced the downsides of the SMB's, hence why they've started up.
Thanks for posting driver side pics and twisting V8 up again once you get longer shocks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne