UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Wow, that is a low profile setup, nice!

Thanks! I'm happy with it.

On the coil spring conversions track bar frame bracket which shares 2 of the mounting locations for the steering box, Is it ok to use the factory bolts since there is slightly less thread engagement?

I notice a new part on your page, the CK002-DL (a longer drag link adjuster), since I planned on doing the steering this weekend with a factory adjuster, Im wondering if the factory adjuster will have enough threads?

Yes, there's enough thread on the steering box bolts. Be sure to ck them after some miles too.

In my opinion the stock drag link adjuster doesn't have enough thread engagement because the van frames are wider.

another_mike

Adventurer
Another_mike - Yes reuse the factory bolts and the stock adjuster will work just fine.

Yes, there's enough thread on the steering box bolts. Be sure to ck them after some miles too.

In my opinion the stock drag link adjuster doesn't have enough thread engagement because the van frames are wider.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. My build is coming along nicely. Im doing it myself in my friends 30x40 "garage" and doing it on jack stands. I often find myself giggling like a school girl as new parts go on and I have to lift the van higher and higher to get more stuff on.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Enjoying the Transit on my trip, in Maine right now.

21106837_123379201649240_7331052518407311379_n.jpg

Smoker

Observer
That Transit looks really sweet. Starting to wonder if I should have gone with that over the E-series, or if I could justify another van...

Enjoy Maine,

Greg

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Don't know where you are or where you're headed but if you're running up Rte 1 along the coast, do yourself a favor and stop at Reds Eats in Wiscasset for a lobster roll. Killer. If you make it to Bar Harbor, 2Cats restaurant, it won't disappoint. I lived up there for 7 yrs and still miss the easy (cheap) access to seafood. Oh, and whatever you do, don't let anybody talk you into drinking Moxie. That stuff is so bad I'm sure it knocks years off your life.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
that looks great! interior seating... going to put Sienna's in the back?

Keeping the stock 2nd row and from there back will be camper stuff.

Chris

Van looks good. Let me know when you are headed through VT

Doug

In NY now, headed home in the AM!

Don't know where you are or where you're headed but if you're running up Rte 1 along the coast, do yourself a favor and stop at Reds Eats in Wiscasset for a lobster roll. Killer. If you make it to Bar Harbor, 2Cats restaurant, it won't disappoint. I lived up there for 7 yrs and still miss the easy (cheap) access to seafood. Oh, and whatever you do, don't let anybody talk you into drinking Moxie. That stuff is so bad I'm sure it knocks years off your life.

I drove past that place Saturday! There was a line before they opened.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Its been a great trip, last day before I head home and I got to spend it with some of our most awesome customers! They wore me out but it felt good to get on my bike and hit some dirt.

21151533_1663763876976167_3428672034378173614_n.jpg
\

21191864_1663763883642833_4445126500978256364_n.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Came home to a nice surprise! V7 feature in the Nov issue of FourWheeler, even a little bit of the cover! That hasn't happened for us 4wd van guys in a long long long long time (in a major publication)

21317503_1665648200121068_238033813849815870_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online