UJOR Build Thread

Sheep Shagger

Adventurer
This is the first time you have ever been able to put the words "I sell MGs kit" anywhere for the public to see. You have been really good at referring to "our" coil kit or "the" coil kit whenever its discussed on a public place. For as long as you have sold the kit I think thats intentional and your capitalizing on the fact that MG doesn't care for whatever reason. I wouldn't think much of this but as soon as you got Van Compass's lift kit for a couple transits you couldnt seem to keep them out of your descriptions and went as far as to talk about how amazing the parts are and how impressed you were. Its just not cool.

And then you go as far as to put your logo on his kit to help you "identify" what you have sold. Very clever. Did you do the same for the Van Compass lifts? If only there was some sort of identification for every vehicle ever made that could be used in this sort of situation...

I don't get this. UJOR has been very open about this on forums. But if you want to *****, MGs radius arm mounts are a direct copy of another companies just with a little more lift. I've never seen that talked about openly.
BTW I don't own either companies kits (Quigley) so have absolutely no dog in this fight.

86scotty

Cynic
I wonder what is creating the issue on the vans you are talking about. I have 15,000 miles on my coil kit and it drives like a dream. Currently we are in Mexico where hitting 1 foot potholes at 70mph is not uncommon. Super happy with my kit.

Me too. I sold my coil converted van and bought a Transit for work but while I had it it was amazing. I'd buy another for the universal parts replacement any day over anything with harder to find parts.

Sorry you feel the way you do Chris. Pretty uncool the way you laid all that out, gotta say.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Me too. I sold my coil converted van and bought a Transit for work but while I had it it was amazing. I'd buy another for the universal parts replacement any day over anything with harder to find parts.

Sorry you feel the way you do Chris. Pretty uncool the way you laid all that out, gotta say.

How long did you have that van?

I'm not sure why there's an issue. I made changes to the steering & trac bar mounts, nothing to do with the brackets besides bracing the upper mount to eliminate flex and opening a hole so a larger/easier to source rod end can be used.

The bottom line is that I am making changes to help my customers van. (not charging him a penny for any of this BTW) If I offend the MG Fanboys then........ sorry!

86scotty

Cynic
Ha, not an MG or any fanboy Chris. You know that. Oh yeah, I'm an 86Scotty fanboy!

I didn't have it long but did have some wobble at first because I used a 100k axle without replacing every part in it but when I put a steering stabilizer on it it was great. I drove it to the new owner in Denver. 1500 sweet highway miles. I liked it more and more with every mile.

I certainly have no issue with you upgrading anything as you see fit but calling out MG's work as terrible was a little harsh I thought.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I certainly have no issue with you upgrading anything as you see fit but calling out MG's work as terrible was a little harsh I thought.

When & how did I say that MGs work was terrible? I just went back and read my post again, the only thing I said was terrible is the stock radius arms. That has nothing to do with MG.

NORDFORD

FWIW, I don't even have a van, but follow this thread crazy close. I feel UJOINT has been open from the start of selling the coil kits. Now with time on the road, he's recognized an issue,and is being open about it and fixing it. The only portion he called terrible are the factory arms. Carry on UJOINT, anyone that has been following and reads what you wrote can see what's going on.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Next on my list is radius arms that will help it flex, these stock pieces are terrible.

I agree, and it sure looks like Chris was referring to the OEM stuff, and not MG's parts!

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
chris keep doing what you're doing the people that are whining let them whine. i have admired you openness and builds since i found this forum.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
FWIW, I don’t even have a van, but follow this thread crazy close. I feel UJOINT has been open from the start of selling the coil kits. Now with time on the road, he’s recognized an issue,and is being open about it and fixing it. The only portion he called terrible are the factory arms. Carry on UJOINT, anyone that has been following and reads what you wrote can see what’s going on.

I agree, and it sure looks like Chris was referring to the OEM stuff, and not MG's parts!

chris keep doing what you're doing the people that are whining let them whine. i have admired you openness and builds since i found this forum.

Thanks fellas.

another_mike

Adventurer
I think there is a lot of misunderstanding going on here. I dont think there is any ill intent on what Chris is doing with MG's brackets, and they both sell them for the same exact price. MG is probably quite happy when he can sell brackets to Chris, make money and not have to deal with a customers phone call.. not to say he doesnt want/like to deal with customers, but as someone that has been involved in a 2 man shop, customer service can take up a lot of time.

Bought my coil kit from Chris in April, and I knew the entire time I couldve bought the brackets from MG, but felt like Chris had more information out there/products available on the "finished" conversion. I used the term finished in parenthesis because I still have a few issues that I need to resolve.

So far I have about 6000 miles on the conversion. Every single part on the front axle had replaced. Havent seen a DW yet, although do feel the turning can feel "slow", but that may just be the steering box.

I have looked at going aftermarket radius arms, something adjustable to account for proper caster. Its only the cost of them which has kept me from doing that. After mounting the factory modified radius arms I can see how much bind they may have during flex. One item I really want before this summers trip to Colorado is a detachable sway bar end link, hoping that may give me a little more flex than I have now without spending too much money.

So, on to one of my unfinished issues with the conversion, Which wheel speed sensors am I supposed to be using for the front axle? Tried using the factory 2005 axle hub bearing sensors, but no luck, the module just wont recognize them. Should I be using the factory sensors for my 2006 E350?

partsflyin

Adventurer
Anyone ever had a clearance issue with transfer case or other components when converting a "drop floor" van like found in a lot of wheelchair van applications?

I'm thinking I finally found the van I want and am hoping to secure ownership this coming week. I have already picked up an 05 Super Duty for a parts donor.

Thanks for the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94