Pajero Mk1 Tourer build-up

Cruisn

Adventurer
Maybe he wanted to join his brothers in the wild?

no koalas in Wa though... haha. my bet is that she was sicks of the constant bashings, splashes with water, trees whipping her and bugs in the face... i dont blame her at all. LOL. but I do have a replacement

Cruisn

Adventurer
5 more days of work than a 21 day 4wd trek up the coast of western australia. venturing into new territory. wish me luck. excellent photos shall follow. and possibly a movie if we get some go pros lined up

Cruisn

Adventurer
we leave tomorrow on our trip, almost fully packed, fueled up and ready to go, with a fresh service.

200081_10151296356584581_1090558626_n.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Small update.

going to be doing a quick 1 week trip to broome, never been, so I have a few things to touch up before this 4400km round trip.

Things to fix:
Swap the 4 speed for the 5 speed, long highway travel would be ncier with the 5 speed

new fuel transfer pump for the second tank - easy job

wire in boost gauge to see what the engine is up too. since we upped the fuel.

Otherwise the wagon is holding together just fine. Shes slow though haha. jsut have to live with that fact

pajeropose_zpsf83447e9.jpg

Clem

Adventurer
Lookin' good...Heard on the radio most of Australia is having a crazy heat wave up to 120 degrees F. Stay safe and cool in your travels.

Clem

Cruisn

Adventurer
It is hot here, on the trip we had 50 degree days, and now that I am back at work its floating around the mid 40;s with humidity.. ooohhh the humanity!!!

Cruisn

Adventurer
Not a lot going on as of yet with the rig, prepping for some big plans, she will be up on jack stands for a few moths I figure. the roads are hard on her and she needs a slight bit of work.

I will post a video of our last offroad trip when mate gets it done, but for now all I can tell you is that I had some issues,
front auto hub failed - wear and tear, didnt explode or anything, jsut nicked the little engagment tab off
bent front link bar... again.. going to remake this out of 4140 i think
alternator packed with mud and no longer works
blew a brake line - replacements ordered for the whole wagon.

poser shots:

New gauge cluster:
I now have a diesel tach and have replaced the temp and fuel gauge with auber gauges, EGT and boost.

We tweaked the engine a bit, upped the fuel and now run 19psi of boost. it moves better but still only does 90 on the highway.
250722_10152491454480061_193592721_n.jpg

teaser of the video to come:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dMvHFQG2hs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles