Outer Banks, Cape Lookout National Seashore Expedition

Spenser

Adventurer
Bella-did the same trip last year, through the low country to Charleston, and back up through the Blue Ridge Parkway home. Ocracoke is good place for a day or two, not a whole lot of places to stay. The ferry is small, and your car will be squished between others but was a fun trip. The Nags Head area is overdeveloped so drive fast, was like one big strip mall and they charged to get in to Kitty Hawk to see the memorial. Once you get south of Nags Head is all good, few people on Ocracoke and that part of NC.

Spenser

Adventurer
And Nullifier is right, you need to practice Souterneese....we took my Commander last year on it's maiden voyage and someone came up to us in the Cape Lookout Seashore and asked if "that there is one of those new Jeep Commando's...."

Monstero

Adventurer
Cant wait to hear how this turns out...have been interested in doing this with my family for a week this summer......

Anxiously awaiting a detailed report.

Bella PSD

Explorer
Monstero said:
Cant wait to hear how this turns out...have been interested in doing this with my family for a week this summer......

Anxiously awaiting a detailed report.

I leave in 28 hours. I will start a new thread as we go or when we get back. I don't think they are wifi on the Core Banks:)

The Flip Pac is in good shape. Not finished but about the same as a shell model 4 Wheel camper. I hope to have the water tank and battery in before I leave. If not we will get by and I will finish the camper when I get back.

Louie

ofcrtj

I leave in 28 hours. I will start a new thread as we go or when we get back. I don't think they are wifi on the Core Banks:)

The Flip Pac is in good shape. Not finished but about the same as a shell model 4 Wheel camper. I hope to have the water tank and battery in before I leave. If not we will get by and I will finish the camper when I get back.

Louie
Did you ever do a thread on your Outer banks trip? I know it was a few years ago but I am planning one and trying to get as much info as possible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles