OBDR in 2011, wanna?

OK lets think about a good meet & greet location...Coastal your north of me & deadsled your south...so maybe you should both come to Jewell for a visit and some riding...we could see if my GPS tracks going over gravel from benecke creek rd to hwy 30 are worth a ****, that will give us some idea of whats what...if you guys wanna do that in the next month or so. cool! if not no problumo. :ylsmoke:

that could be fun, but we'll have to wait until the weather warms a bit. I don't
want to be an orangesicle before I even get across the Astoria bridge..

dedsled

A visit to Jewell sounds good to me. Right now, Hwy 199 from Crescent City to Grants Pass is closed due to snow. Guess I could come all the way up 101, but that always seems like it takes forever. It'll be March soon and bound to warm up a bit..... won't it?:REOutCampFire03:

dedsled

Okay, it's finally warmed up. 3.5 inches of rain here in the last twenty four hours. Now I'm back to worrying about drowning instead of freezing to death.

dedsled

Wow, I guess I shouldn't have complained about the rain. Looks like we may have really pissed off Mother Nature. I'm still worried about drowning, but in a tsunami, not from precipitation. They have opened up the road into downtown Crescent City, so I can at least get to the store. Let's hope they haven't run out of liquor.

54vintage

A friend and I are going to do a south to north ride starting on the 20th of August. The plan is to meet at Fields, mess around a bit around the Alvord desert....do the Steens mountain loop (starting from the south entrance)....make our way to Hart mountain, THEN do the "official" OBDR. The plan is to take two weeks on the trip.....a long time on the trail. The thought is to have the time to explore any side roads that tweak our interests.

Anyone want to do a south to north run that time of the year?

We are both riding BMWs.....a G650GS and F650GS....one lung rigs.

Salmon

Sounds like a fun trip, I'll probably be visiting my sister up there this fall, and I'm so tempted to try to get in on this. Wish I could go but Sept is way too far out for me to plan for right now. I'll be watching this thread, maybe it will inspire me to follow suit later on. Have fun!!

deminimis

Explorer
54, I might be game. I was planning on hitting Alvord, Fields and the like in June, but that's looking less likely. I'm up top, but its nothing to run down and meet in Fields or wherever. Are you planning on doing it right and ending in Walla Walla?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne