Anyone have a cool way of storing disparate sizes of bottled drinks?

dbreid

Adventurer
All,
When we do road trips and the like we tend to take on a bunch of disparate beverages. We, of course, carry big jugs of water, but we tend to buy 6 packs of whatever is on sale. Plus, as I don't drink coffee, I use Sugar Free Rockstar to get started in the AM. ;) Yes, I know it is bad for you, but let's leave that aside for now.

Anyway, I currently have an area under my center platform that is about 7 inches tall, and I have been sliding cases of water, etc under there. And then pulling things out of that "crawl space" and loading them into the fridge as we drink cold beverages.

So the issue is... how can I organize that stuff better? I have considered PVC tubes, and then loading the tubes "breech" style. Issues with that are getting the bottled back out, and that it is a bad use of space (I lose a lot of storage mounting a honeycomb of "tubes."

Anyone have a good plan for oragizing stuff like below:

rockstar_energy_drink-300-210.jpg

aquafina.jpg

Crystal%20Geiser.jpg

Thanks in advance for any cool ideas. :)

-Dan

ccarm

Adventurer
If you have the means, I would build a small drawer that perfectly fits the bottles in it lengthwise. You could use your pre-existing "crawl space", to put the drawer in. Just make sure that its cut to the size of the drinks so they'll slide in there perfectly.

Harald Hansen

Explorer
I'm not sure there can be a "best way" with all sorts of different containers. If you had just two different sizes to accomodate, you could make some kind of sliding partition so that one type at least always was snug in its designated space.

As you point out, if you make all kinds of different tailored spaces, you use up a lot of space in the process.

78ScoutII

I like your PVC idea....maybe you could use a spring w/ a flat circular top on it to it to keep your bottles always pushed to the front like a lot of those cup dispensers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles