Forester: ExPo Subaru Project

Jrally

Adventurer
I race with Keith Jackson, he and his brother have fantastic fabrication skills. If they don't offer the bumper you are thinking of, they can certainly make it. I'm sure there are lots of fabricators around, myself included. (and I'm in Phoenix)

-Jon

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
I race with Keith Jackson, he and his brother have fantastic fabrication skills. If they don't offer the bumper you are thinking of, they can certainly make it. I'm sure there are lots of fabricators around, myself included. (and I'm in Phoenix)

-Jon

Sorry, I forgot you were on here.

I met you briefly at Prescott forest rally last year. I towed out Erika Detota's rig from NJ and ran service for her. That Celica is a pretty sweet setup, I am sure you can come up with something to fit the bill for this forester. and for much less than the subextreme parts (last I looked it was something like $4000 for the front bumper).

Jrally

Adventurer
I'll be back out, running Course Closing once again at the end of this month for Prescott Rally.

-Jon

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Guys

I need to add an important note. Eric Sumpter (another follow Expo member) from Adopt A Part is the one who sent us the engine.

I really want to thank him for sourcing and providing us with a great engine for a reasonable cost.

If you need a part for your car, please check out his site:

http://www.adoptapart.com/

Adopt A Part
5030 York St. Unit C
Denver, CO 80216

transparent.gif

Last edited:

AdjusterTim

AdjusterTim
Really appreciating this build. In a weather year like this I put 7k miles on my car per month easily and when it's my dime and my mileage tax deductions, 2-3 mpg adds up fast. I've been trying to figure out for a couple months which way to go and this looks like the perfect vehicle.

haven

Expedition Leader
Thanks, Mervifwdc, for the link to the Subaroute blog. http://www.getjealous.com//subaroute These folks have traveled 4/5 of the way around the world in a 2001 Forester XT turbo. After driving across Europe, Russia, many parts of southeast Asia and Australia, their only repair was to replace the rear shocks. Someone stole a windshield wiper when the vehicle was in transit from Australia to USA. No additional problems reported driving in Central and South America.

Marc1904

Different
You can have any shop that can make tube bumpers fab something up.
The only obstacles seem to be having solid enough mounting points to get any kind of winch/recovery anchors of any use on a bumper and being able to keep the SRS systems within spec, as some of these bumpers could prevent airbags from deploying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier