Bicycle rack on a motorcycle?

i ride bicycle and motorcycles alomost every day. I remember about 15 years ago, somewhere here in the southeast seeing a fella that use to show up to races on his motorcycle with his bike in tow. I am a fabricator by trade but was wondering if anyone had done it, no need to reinvent the wheel. thanks

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
1152277464_ekXxt-M.jpg

1152275985_KNRvf-M.jpg

Made custom by Salt Lake City fabricator:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14899656#post14899656

http://globetrottin.com/

Gooseberry

Explorer
I remember him and it was a nice clean setup that did not hang out to far. Rim Nordic races I do believe.

I think he took both wheels off.

business must be good for johnny racks, it seems as though they are out of stock on everything they make. That is pretty much exactly what i was thinking about. Has anyone ever ridden with one of these?

805gregg

Adventurer
Why stop there, how about a spare motorcycle. Or in the case of BMW GS a spare final drive. I know a guy that would always carry a spare final drive on his BMW RT, he finally dumped the bike.

you are right, why stop there? Well, i am sure you were being sarcastic but how many things on this site are necessary? I ride a motorcycle everywhere or my bicycle. Sometimes i am going away for multiple days and do not want to ride my bike or motorsickle every day, so i want to take them both. Being sarcastic is simple and easy, or easily for the simple.

Why stop there, how about a spare motorcycle. Or in the case of BMW GS a spare final drive. I know a guy that would always carry a spare final drive on his BMW RT, he finally dumped the bike.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I don't see any issues with it. I pass another yellow F800GS on the way to work every morning on the freeway and he has his MTB on the back as shown, and I think it's awesome...

rynosurf

Adventurer
Those should be standard equipment for Harleys, that way when the motorcycle breaks down you can still get to where you need to go.:bike_rider:

SuperCal

Adventurer
I ride alot of mountain bike trails that are far from home and not open for motorcycle. The trip there is beautiful and scenic for riding the motorcycle so definately seems like a good way to be able to enjoy two of your toys in one day. Besides, stranger things have been done. I used to tow my canoe to a nearby lake with the mountain bike then load the bike into the canoe and paddle...

D

Deleted member 9101

Those should be standard equipment for Harleys, that way when the motorcycle breaks down you can still get to where you need to go.:bike_rider:

Ever notice they almost always have a chase vehicle when they do long rides... I guess somebody has to pick up all the parts that fall off...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz