New bike: my first airhead, classic R80 G/S

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Have you got it yet? Looking forward to your opinions on trading up from your 250.

REX

Hi Rex!

NOOOOOO! Weather and schedules, but I hope to have a date to meet it in Colorado soon. The seller has been fun, he keeps sending pictures of it "waiting" for me in his shop. Aurgh!

I'm not trading, actually, just adding to the stable. I suspect though that the Beemer will be a fav.

DesertRose

Yes, a big step forward. It should be so much nicer for the highway miles.

Yes, for sure.

I'll always have a soft-spot for the lower CC Hondas, though. The sound of those little Honda engines just takes me right back to being a kid in the AZ desert, zooming around, total freedom. Always makes me smile.

Rexsname

Explorer
Well....................How do you like it? HAve you had much of a chance to really get to know your new bike? Take some pictures and show us that "New bike" smile!

REX

DesertRose

Well....................How do you like it? HAve you had much of a chance to really get to know your new bike? Take some pictures and show us that "New bike" smile!

REX

Got home Tuesday and had first ride day before yesterday ~ LOVE IT! I am now an absolute airhead fan. Wow ~ it's the same feeling as driving a stock (early) Land Cruiser or Land Rover: solid, capable as heck, and soooo cool.

Sadly, I think my little Honda is going to have a For Sale sticker on it at Overland Expo. I think I have Jonathan convinced to convert his classic Triumph Trophy into a desert racer (high pipe, knobbies, new tank so he doesn't destroy the original hand-painted one) so the little NX is going to get neglected . . .

bmw2.jpg

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Sadly, I think my little Honda is going to have a For Sale sticker on it at Overland Expo. I think I have Jonathan convinced to convert his classic Triumph Trophy into a desert racer (high pipe, knobbies, new tank so he doesn't destroy the original hand-painted one) so the little NX is going to get neglected . . .

The triumph would make a ************ scrambler! Tell him to do it!!!! :bike_rider:

DesertRose

The triumph would make a ************ scrambler! Tell him to do it!!!! :bike_rider:

To say I'm lobbying hard is an understatement! I'm actually offering to FINANCE the swap :bike_rider:

I guess what I'm sayin' is I don't want to share the BMW after all :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94