My 2010 Power Wagon "The Wagon"

Texel

Thought I would share a few photos of my PW. I have done a few mods since new and I am sure more are still to come.

Mods complete:
Rear Airbags, side steps, light bar, topper, pull out tool box, roof rack, air compressor, 18" wheels, 35" Bfg
Next up:
Longer control arms, and front lift...........................,etc

A few pics of how the truck has matured
P1010144.jpg

jcbrandon

Explorer
Nice. You're going to like the Power Wagon. My 2007 clicked over 90,000 miles recently. It's starting to develop a nice patina that reminds me of some great adventures we've shared.

Texel

Had some great adventures in the past with my Jeep Commander. Looking forward to the places the PW will take us

p71

Observer
They do look better in person, more of the black stands out!

I am still using the stock tires/wheels till I sort the rubbing issues in the inner fender.

Wrong offset...

I prefer OE wheels on a 4x4. I would probably have just gone with the stock rims and H2 tires (pusing it on rim width I know), which is a proven 35 inch combo on the dodge hd trucks.

Texel

New upper and lower control arms came in yesterday, that should solve the problem by pushing the front axle forward a bit.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
New upper and lower control arms came in yesterday, that should solve the problem by pushing the front axle forward a bit.

Moving the axle 0.500 forward creates other issues, at least it did on my '09. I ended up adding a 1" spacer to keep the tires out of the front bumper and sheet metal after moving the axle forward. You may have more clearance on the new body style than the 3rd gen.

The stock rims have dual bead retention built into them. After market rims will not permit you to go as low on tire pressure without loosing a bead. I've been at 12 PSI with no problems, and felt I could have gone to perhaps as low as 8 PSI. At 12 my previous set of GoodYear MT/R Kevilars were working great in snow. The current set of BFG KM2 won't go that low without being nearly flat - they are a D rated tire, and are no where nearly as stout as the MT/R's were.

Texel

Moving the axle 0.500 forward creates other issues, at least it did on my '09. I ended up adding a 1" spacer to keep the tires out of the front bumper and sheet metal after moving the axle forward. You may have more clearance on the new body style than the 3rd gen.

I have been told that this will work. The good news is that if it does not work, it is all reversable. Thanks for the advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles