Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DII Front Bumper Trim

Default DII Front Bumper Trim

Anyone have some photos of bumper trims on a DII? Mine is going under the knife soon so I can run JATE rings up front and gain a bit of approach angle. The only pictures I've seen is the one on LandRoverStuff.com.
    2005 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Storz View Post
    Anyone have some photos of bumper trims on a DII? Mine is going under the knife soon so I can run JATE rings up front and gain a bit of approach angle. The only pictures I've seen is the one on LandRoverStuff.com.
    check d-web..i think its poor man bumper is the name of the thread, he posted a couple pics of his
    Jonathan
    2004 LR Discovery 2

Quote Originally Posted by jgdisco2 View Post
    check d-web..i think its poor man bumper is the name of the thread, he posted a couple pics of his
    Thanks

You heading over on Sat?
    2005 Cadillac Escalade

Trimmed how far? I took out the cosmetic plastic below the main (shiny) part a while back...

http://www.chazzlayne.com/2009/06/tr...-front-bumper/
    You know where to find me: Chazz ⚔ Layne

Quote Originally Posted by Storz View Post
    Thanks

You heading over on Sat?
    still unsure with work but will post up when i find out
    Jonathan
    2004 LR Discovery 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz Layne View Post
    Trimmed how far? I took out the cosmetic plastic below the main (shiny) part a while back...

http://www.chazzlayne.com/2009/06/tr...-front-bumper/
    the 99-02 bumpers are different and sit alot lower than the newer 03-04 bumper..basically the factory took care of the trimming on the 03-04's and moved the fogs up to a better location.
    Jonathan
    2004 LR Discovery 2

Yup.

Looks great though Chazz! It seems pretty common to trim the 99-02 bumper right above the foglights, the only part I don't know what to do with is the funky center grill area...
    2005 Cadillac Escalade

Someone backed into my truck and banged up the bumper, so when I cut it I knew its days were numbered anyway. After pulling the fog lights, I actually used the top end of their cut outs in the bumper cover as part of the line. As you can tell, I was getting ready to go 4-wheeling and wasn't too concerned about keeping it pretty...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave C
    '99 LR Disco II, 117k
    '96 LR Disco I, 5 Spd, 122k

Fort Pitt Land Rover Group

Quote Originally Posted by dcarr1971 View Post
    Someone backed into my truck and banged up the bumper, so when I cut it I knew its days were numbered anyway. After pulling the fog lights, I actually used the top end of their cut outs in the bumper cover as part of the line. As you can tell, I was getting ready to go 4-wheeling and wasn't too concerned about keeping it pretty...

Trimming the bumper is only part of the job I believe. What about inner wheel arch plastic etc. Any info/description for doing this and making it good ? Just looking to this but would like to understand all issues/what needs to be done ?.. thanks.

Itís the Kalahari Cut. If you want you can order the fender lines from one and make it look seemless. Or just cut the ones on there up a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 Montero Limited
    2006 Montero Limited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast