Help with 2003 G500 purchase

03bart

I'm considering purchasing a 2003 G500 with 7x,xxx miles. This would replace our F150 SCrew FX4.

Are there any considerations or specific items I should be aware of or look for when I test drive the G? It's not at a MB dealer--does this make a difference, i.e. should I have a MB mechanic check it out?

Thoughts on price?

Finally, I'm taking off a relatively new set of 275/70/18 Wrangler Duratracs from the truck and putting the stockers back on before trade-in. Will I have any issues putting the 275/70/18s on the G? I checked the stats on TireRack and the Yokos on the G show:
10.8" width, 30.5" diameter
while my DuraTracks show:
11" width, 33.2" diameter

Thanks for your help!
B

RBA

Adventurer
The tires will fit but the ESP will kick-in in off camber tight turns. You can negate the issue somewhat by changing the setting in the system. You need the dealers computer to do it.

Check the lockers, the front axle, window regulators, door actuators.

zimm

Expedition Leader
keep in mind. trucks that are 25,000 new have parts that cost a comparable amount.

trucks that cost 100,000 new have parts that cost a comparable amount.... actually worse.

durable and reliable, are like.... precision and accuracy... they do not mean the same thing, but are often confused. the g is durable like a tank.... and its reliable like a tank. tanks kick *** when the commanders keep on the PMs. tanks require some ridiculous procedures and pricey parts to fix when they dont. and like an M60, napa doesnt have replacement parts, and the toilet seats really are 1200 dollars... used...

welcome to the club!

I'm considering purchasing a 2003 G500 with 7x,xxx miles. This would replace our F150 SCrew FX4.

Are there any considerations or specific items I should be aware of or look for when I test drive the G? It's not at a MB dealer--does this make a difference, i.e. should I have a MB mechanic check it out?

Thoughts on price?

Finally, I'm taking off a relatively new set of 275/70/18 Wrangler Duratracs from the truck and putting the stockers back on before trade-in. Will I have any issues putting the 275/70/18s on the G? I checked the stats on TireRack and the Yokos on the G show:
10.8" width, 30.5" diameter
while my DuraTracks show:
11" width, 33.2" diameter

Thanks for your help!
B

03bart

Thanks

Thanks for the input/advice! We drove it yesterday and all the windows/locks worked. The car looks extremely clean and there was no vibration at 30-40 mph.

Some squeaks from the suspension but that's about it. I think it looks good and we're going to make a deal.

Where do I look to see if it's got a phone cradle or if I need to install one?

Thanks,
B

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks for the input/advice! We drove it yesterday and all the windows/locks worked. The car looks extremely clean and there was no vibration at 30-40 mph.

Some squeaks from the suspension but that's about it. I think it looks good and we're going to make a deal.

Where do I look to see if it's got a phone cradle or if I need to install one?

Thanks,
B

Awesome Bart! May I ask, it's in the $30k range for price I'm assuming? My market research says they're priced at $27-39 depending on condition for that mileage.

TIA,
Jeremy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior