Mojave Preserve- Hole in the Wall Campground

poriggity

Explorer
I got to take my truck out on it's first desert adventure, and had a BLAST. Had some awesome food, saw some cool historical sites, traveled part of the Mojave Road, and met some cool people!

P2053129.JPG

P2042923.JPG

Read all about it on my blog:

http://www.heiseroil.com/blog/?p=59

Scott

Last edited:

paul_arc

Great report Scott, Im just starting to build up my duramax into an expo rig and cant wait to get out there. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Paul

bhop

Looks fun. I hope to take my Trooper out to the Mojave road sometime in the near future. Threads like this make me really want to get that going!

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
"After traveling a ways, we stopped at an abandoned rock house that was off the trail for lunch. Here are some pics I snapped during lunch."

That was Cruthers cabin. If you travled up the road with the cabin to your left you would had hit Cruther's canyon another 8 miles down the road and a great place protected by the wind. It is where we stayed when we did the road Nov2-5. Did you guys also do Goverment hole a mile or so past the rock house the rangers restored? It had a wind mill,coral and water tank.Excellent write up I want to go again. What was your day time temp? Not to compete with your story or pictures here are a few of Cruthers canyon.

Attachments

• Mojave Road 11-2-10 059.jpg
    Mojave Road 11-2-10 059.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 45
  • Mojave Road 11-2-10 060.jpg
    Mojave Road 11-2-10 060.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Mojave Road 11-2-10 061.jpg
    Mojave Road 11-2-10 061.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Mojave Road 11-2-10 063.jpg
    Mojave Road 11-2-10 063.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Hey Scott, cool pics! It was good seeing you again and meeting your wife! Hopefully we can all do this again! I'm hoping to have all my pics up tomorrow morning...I lost the USB cable to my camera (DOH!)

Thanks again for the Amsoil too.

James

poriggity

Explorer
"After traveling a ways, we stopped at an abandoned rock house that was off the trail for lunch. Here are some pics I snapped during lunch."

That was Cruthers cabin. If you travled up the road with the cabin to your left you would had hit Cruther's canyon another 8 miles down the road and a great place protected by the wind. It is where we stayed when we did the road Nov2-5. Did you guys also do Goverment hole a mile or so past the rock house the rangers restored? It had a wind mill,coral and water tank.Excellent write up I want to go again. What was your day time temp? Not to compete with your story or pictures here are a few of Cruthers canyon.

Thanks bro. No worries about the pics.. more pics are good! I was unsure of the name of the cabin, so thanks for that! I don't think we hit Government hole. By the time we got to the cabin that the rangers restored, it was getting late, and we had food to eat and beer to drink! :)

Hey Scott, cool pics! It was good seeing you again and meeting your wife! Hopefully we can all do this again! I'm hoping to have all my pics up tomorrow morning...I lost the USB cable to my camera (DOH!)

Thanks again for the Amsoil too.

James

James,
No problem on the Amsoil. I assume that means you got back safely after you left huh? Thanks for coming out! Had a great time! We will do it again SOOOON!

YOU BOOGER!!!!! You made the getaway for Yosh's birthday. I am jealous!

Yes Matthew, the wife and I did make it out for Yosh's birthday.. We celebrated BIG time!
Scott

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Thanks for coming out Scott. It was a pleasure to have Stacey and you there and it meant a great deal to Yosh.

Cool report!

poriggity

Explorer
Dave, the pleasure was ours! Thanks for the invite! I can't speak for everyone, but I know we had a blast! Can't WAIT to go again. You gotta keep me in the loop for the Dodge friendly runs... I think this is the start of a very fun addiction. :)
Scott

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Did you guys go east to west or the other way,Goverment hole was just west of the restored rock house about a mile or so.

SoCal_80

Explorer
Hey Scott/Dave - Had a great weekend with you guys (as well as the rest of the group)! Had a great run, great food and the scenery could not be beat. Looking forward to doing it again soon and I will have some of my pics up shortly.

suntinez

Explorer
Scott nice job on the report, good seeing you again and meeting your wife! Thanks for the H24 :elkgrin:

Eatchow

Hey guys

Eatchow here (Eric jk rubicon) I had a ************ time with you guys, hope to do it again soon.Thanks for having me and Come visit the cafe!!!

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Did you guys go east to west or the other way,Goverment hole was just west of the restored rock house about a mile or so.

We ran it both ways. The trip wasn't just Mojave Road. We came up from Essex and cut across Lanfair Rd so i could show a few points of interest to the group. Yes, we saw the restored rock house from 1928. Looked great.

Hey Scott/Dave - Had a great weekend with you guys (as well as the rest of the group)! Had a great run, great food and the scenery could not be beat. Looking forward to doing it again soon and I will have some of my pics up shortly.

Thanks for coming out Sean and thanks also for bringing your smoker. I need one now :D

Scott nice job on the report, good seeing you again and meeting your wife! Thanks for the H24 :elkgrin:

It's always a pleasure to have you along Linda. Say hello to Pep for us.

Eatchow here (Eric jk rubicon) I had a ************ time with you guys, hope to do it again soon.Thanks for having me and Come visit the cafe!!!

Eric, thanks for all the cooking. We know who to take along for iron chef from now on :chef: It was definitely good eats my friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94