UK Overland & 4x4 Travel Show

Maximus

I too like to perv over 'gear' and vehicles :sombrero:

I don't think you need trade stands to get a decent overland show together.

Surley there are lots of pervs like me that would turn up to a camping weekend in the UK, just to drool over other peoples trucks and gear.

It would be great for beginners, as there would be all manner of gear to look at, but without the added pressure of sales chat. They would really get to here what people think about the gear.

And....if you done it at an existing campsite you would not need insurance.

Last edited:

v8chris

During the show I took the opportunity to interview a few of the traders... here's a link to the podcast (Part of the Overland Live podcast series)

http://overland-live.blogspot.com

I am agreement with the comments above that the UK needs something more substantial when it comes to events. My ideal show would be a weekend like the RGS Explore event. This event is aimed at expeditions in general and include a few key note sessions and plenty of workshops ranging from media, medical, fund raising, etc. There is only 1hour workshop dedicated to vehicle based expeditions. This show is held annually at the RGS HQ and not to be confused with the Yorkshire RGS Overland Workshop in May.

I would break the divide between the 2-wheelers and the 4-wheelers and cater for both categories. Overlanding is goes beyond the means of travel.

Anyway, that's my thoughts... just need someone to join me in organising it!

Martin, might be worth you having a chat with Stan over on theoverlander.org

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles