TJM or ARB Bullbar

TheWoodser

TJM or ARB Bullbar

What are the Pro's and Con's here. I have heard great stuff about the ARB, but I really like the "beefier" look of the TJM.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Personally, I just like the looks of an ARB and unfortunately can't vouch for the quality/build of the TJM stuff as I don't have one.

BajaXplorer

Adventurer
I think there is another post around here somewhere on this same subject.
I have a TJM because I think its a better looking bumper. IMO, thats the difference between the two, which one do you like the looks of best. I have a 9000xd winch and I can tell you it is easier to mount a controller on the ARB as they provide a spot for it to mount. However, I did not want the controller on the outside, so it worked out OK for me anyway.
BX

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
TJM mainly for looks

TheWoodser said:
TJM or ARB Bullbar

What are the Pro's and Con's here. I have heard great stuff about the ARB, but I really like the "beefier" look of the TJM.

I've got a TJM T-17 and prefer the look of them over ARB, personal choice. I'm pleased with the quality, fit and finish of the TJM on my Tacoma.

ARB Pros:
Solid one piece construction
Air bag compatible (not all TJM Bullbars are)

TJM Pros:
Cost less (for the T-17 anyhow)
Lighter (again T-17 vs ARB, might be more of a concern if you plan on having a winch as well later on and don't have the proper suspension set up for all the added weight)

At the end of the day, it's a mater of personal opinion.
Cheers :beer: and good luck deciding.
P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior