Blaz's 2005 blazer

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Bumper pics are added. As for the future, I am thinking about a doubler t-case because it will be easier on the clutch. But first will be an Eaton E locker for the rear. The G80 is OK but I hate the spin to gain traction idea.

Anyone out there running an E locker?
I had one put into my last BlaZeR2. Can you say "billy goat"?

This was my third with the G80. Each of the G80s were different in their use and effectiveness, probably largely due to each having at least 70K miles on them before I got them.

The Eaton E was a worthwhile investment and if they are making one for this Colorado, it will definitely be under consideration when this one is getting sloppy.

blaz

Adventurer
I'd be on the lookout for a ZR2 rear axle with the 8.5 10 bolt.... powdercoated gen 1 wheels look great!

I already have the 8.5" 10 bolt because I have a 5 speed, I also have the elusive Cast iron front diff. :wings:

I think I will stick with the 3.42 gears until I SAS the blazer in the R E A L L Y distant future. On 31's it is good on the street and OK off road.

blaz

Adventurer
I had one put into my last BlaZeR2. Can you say "billy goat"?

This was my third with the G80. Each of the G80s were different in their use and effectiveness, probably largely due to each having at least 70K miles on them before I got them.

The Eaton E was a worthwhile investment and if they are making one for this Colorado, it will definitely be under consideration when this one is getting sloppy.

That is good news. Do you remember the price? A ball park figure is good enough. Why did you move from S series to Colorado? Oh, a link to your build thread.;)

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Its been a while but I think we were in $900-1000 range installed but there were some bearings replaced as well as the standard install. The particular shop I used gave me the option of installing the switch button myself so that's not included in that.

I've had 6 S10s, three 2wd trucks and 3 4x4 Blazers, the last two being the ZR2s. I totaled the first one on the highway. The one with the elocker (2001) had 136K miles on it and GM was having cashflow issues. They really, really, really wanted the 08 Colorado off the lot in the spring of 09. I regularly see used 08s now with 30K miles more than mine now has for more than I paid for mine new.

The S10s are definitely more offroad worthy in stock form. The Colorado's tcase sets very low.

I don't have a build thread actually. I've been more about documenting where I go and what I do than with the build of any of them. Most of that is documented on the CORE4x4 site in my sig line

blaz

Adventurer
Tested my Blazer in a little snow. I was doing fine until I had to back up to pull out the FJ. :D

Feb20poly.jpg

The snow was crusty and as soon as you slid of the hard pack you were hooked.

More pics to follow when the cameraman gets them to me.:wings:

Richie

Adventurer
Tested my Blazer in a little snow. I was doing fine until I had to back up to pull out the FJ. :D

Feb20poly.jpg

Ha ha that's funny! Can't wait to see more pics of your Blazer in action.

blaz

Adventurer
Are you sure thats not a zr2? Sure looks like one.

Thank you very much! :wings:

I park beside ZR2's and sometimes I am taller. LOL. I have been doing a lot of reserch before each mod to make sure I get the best bang for the buck, and also I don't want to "undo" any. I wish I would have bought a ZR2, but I didn't know any better at the time. Oh well, I am still very happy with my blazer. I love the 5 speed :smiley_drive:. A selectable rear locker will be one of the next mods. I have 40-50 000kms (aprox. 30 000 miles) on the tires now and the still have more than half tread left so larger ones will have to wait. I have been eyeing up some 235/85/16. :drool:

I'm still waiting on the pics from sunday........

Bikemobile

Adventurer

Feb20poly.jpg

Looks familiar: My stuck episode on Monday
183533_1449736583599_1838765843_856268_3922607_n.jpg

blaz

Adventurer
At least they were able to pull you back. I had to winch out forward. The winch proved to be a very good investment this week end.

On a side note that is a really nice looking Zed! Loving the regular cab. How long is your box on the inside? I have been thinking about making a camper trailer out of an old S10 box. Just for sleeping with a raised cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz