Blaz's 2005 blazer

blaz

Adventurer
GoPro picture 11 megapixel

GOPR0043_zps0f181864.jpg

Looks good to me!

A quick vid! I am still learning the editing and HD settings. It will take me some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pzMFNJ3FZU

blaz

Adventurer
I have been running an Eaton E locker for about two years. This past summer I noticed that it wasn't locking properly.

THIS LOCKER DISENGAGES IF YOU CHANGE FROM FORWARD TO REVERSE RESULTING IN LOCKING UNDER POWER! The locking pins have a tendency to wear out under this condition. I am not saying bad things, I am only giving info from personal experience.

Pics are worth a thousand words, so here goes.

I (with help) installed the Yukon Grizzly Locker today. Reviews will follow.

blaz

Adventurer
Jared gave me some help today so I could get my spare outside of the blazer.

And in case I need to use the hitch to tow I can mount it on the front.

blaz

Adventurer
Hope this works.

http://www.gmc4x4.com/topic/2510-blazs-2005-blazer/

I went with a Dana 30 because it allowed me to keep my S10 unit bearings and also ABS to keep me legal. I don't beat my truck but I was having issues with the IFS so I upgraded slightly. With my light foot and picking the right line I think the dana 30 will be enough axle. I was told I drive like a grandma and I'm ok with that.

blaz

Adventurer
That is enough street queen pics. LOL. I will get some next time we get out. Snow will be the background I think...................

blaz

Adventurer
Thanks to Jared's spare parts (and help) I have now replaced my steering shaft. The rag joint was worn, the new (used) one is much better. I may upgrade to a flaming river u joint in the future. The big difference I think was the tulip joint. This joint is a real PITA to get at but we were able to replace it with a new (used) one that doesn't have that annoying clunk (play). This should tighten up the steering for now and I will look into putting my tie rod on top of the knuckles to help with bump steer. Grand cherokee knuckles and brakes may be in the future but not yet. Jared and I also pulled a bigger swaybar from a grand Cherokee that will find its way under the blazer eventually. This week end kept me busy.

blaz

Adventurer
I've been busy lately but here are some newer pics,

I made up a quick matching trailer for camping. I will try and get pics of it when time permits.

blaz

Adventurer
I know I've been slacking lately when it comes to being on the computer. Maybe I should find some more relax time and less work time. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior