Little Guy

suntinez

Explorer
OffRoadShadow2011-02-03_15-11-30_56.jpg

All other great things aside, is that an OVEN I see? Holy cow :drool:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Well, this has pros and cons: I fully understand your need for space. On the other hand, there is a huge advantage if the width of the trailer axle matches the track of the vehicle, specially on soft grounds, sand and snow. If you have a 6 foot wide trailer sitting between the trailer wheels, the width from fender to fender will be huge, which will be an issue in the woods. Would be nice if the living space would extend over the fenders.
It would be nice if I were your size and didn't have to worry about it...

I sat and pondered this very point for YEARS and finally realized that my Conqueror has never seen a "trail". Sure, lots of snotty forest roads, but never a trail.
And then I realized that I don't really intend to ever have my trailer on an expedition; I just want to camp. When I get in the area of something interesting, I set my trailer up and go play in the Jeep.

And after years of not fitting in a bed, I want to have room.
All of you ---- go put on your wife's shoes and walk around for a while. They don't fit, do they? Uncomfortable, isn't it? Don't want to do it long, do ya?
That's what life is like for the tall. Nothing ever fits right; we compromise, squeeze in, stretch the fabric, make do.
Not any more, bubba. Not any more.

Hello, Little Guy; revenge of the Big People. What an ironic name for the company.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
All of you ---- go put on your wife's shoes and walk around for a while. They don't fit, do they? Uncomfortable, isn't it? Don't want to do it long, do ya?
That's what life is like for the tall. Nothing ever fits right; we compromise, squeeze in, stretch the fabric, make do.

Hello, Little Guy; revenge of the Big People. What an ironic name for the company.

Here Here!!

Rise Up, big people unite!

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
BIG PEOPLE :victory:

I am right there with you at the 6'5" mark. My other 2 hobbies... camping and mountain biking suck with my size as well. Tents and sleeping bags have to be the right size, hard to find XL size bikes anywhere, clothing, special shoes, ect...

stankfoot

Adventurer
bigjerm:
my last new mountain bike took 10 weeks from the day i ordered it till i got it. it was at end of model year and they did not have any XL left so they had to make it.

hilldweller:
i know all about beds that dont fit. i work on tugboats built by hobbits. i am 6'5" and the bunks are 6'3". it is nice to finally see products being built for us genetically superior people.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Did you just call me short?!?!? :violent-smiley-031: Nobody called me short anymore since 12th grade :hehe: I'm standing a proud 6ft which makes me what? Average? :D

I sat and pondered this very point for YEARS and finally realized that my Conqueror has never seen a "trail". Sure, lots of snotty forest roads, but never a trail.
And then I realized that I don't really intend to ever have my trailer on an expedition; I just want to camp. When I get in the area of something interesting, I set my trailer up and go play in the Jeep.

True true true.

Plus I attract the wrong crowd walking in my wife's high heels in places :smilies27

¡Viva la revolución de los Gigantes! :elkgrin:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Did you just call me short?!?!? :violent-smiley-031: Nobody called me short anymore since 12th grade :hehe: I'm standing a proud 6ft which makes me what? Average? :D
We don't even look like members of the same species when we stand next to each other.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
We don't even look like members of the same species when we stand next to each other.

:jump:

BTW, why do you need a wide trailer? What you need is a long trailer; you are tall, not fat. I guess it's a tall people thing, average sizes people wouldn't understand :elkgrin:

Last edited:

d110pickup

SE Expedition Society

Bill,
Have I told you lately that you freakishly tall and the rest of us are a normal height?
You are.
Have a good one.
Mike

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
BTW, why do you need a wide trailer? What you need is a long trailer; you are tall, not fat.
Me and She & Jessi makes three.
The dog likes to kick back, stretch the legs, etc.

If the dog is happy, the wife is happy. If the wife ain't happy, I ain't, ummmm, you know.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Bill,
Have I told you lately that you freakishly tall and the rest of us are a normal height?
You are.
Have a good one.
Mike
You'd look good in a Conqueror, Mike...
It would class-up that barn of yours.
And you'd fit in it fine. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94