Comparing 7" Aftermarket Headlights

ytmonty

Observer
Been awhile since I posted, pesky work gets in the way. Yes truck lite is the U.S. dealer for Sirius. Sirius makes a set of projector low beams that I've converted into fog lights w/ 35w hid with an orange cover(imo the best color for heavy snow) The matching H/b (not a projector) w/ a 50w hid is quite simply an AMAZING light!! I'm using them as aux driving lights and they're my new most favouritest light! good ditch coverage,as well as ditch coverage about 250-300 meters down the road. Couple that with the bright center, they actually have some reach.(considering the size of the reflector) I've counted 10 power poles in the right conditions.(clear night) I'm going to say a good 700m - 1km of useable light. I've really got to figure out how to take good night pics with my digital camera.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Been awhile since I posted, pesky work gets in the way. Yes truck lite is the U.S. dealer for Sirius. Sirius makes a set of projector low beams that I've converted into fog lights w/ 35w hid with an orange cover(imo the best color for heavy snow) The matching H/b (not a projector) w/ a 50w hid is quite simply an AMAZING light!! I'm using them as aux driving lights and they're my new most favouritest light! good ditch coverage,as well as ditch coverage about 250-300 meters down the road. Couple that with the bright center, they actually have some reach.(considering the size of the reflector) I've counted 10 power poles in the right conditions.(clear night) I'm going to say a good 700m - 1km of useable light. I've really got to figure out how to take good night pics with my digital camera.

Orange filter? That wouldn't be optimal for anything except signal use...

You can't "convert" lowbeam projectors into fog lights; the patterns are different. You can't legally/safely "convert" them to HID, especially with a 50w "kit". Sure it's "amazing light" --- it's in poor focus and going all over the place.

Everything about this is illegal and ill-conceived...
wow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne