A house on wheels?

jayshapiro

Adventurer
container security

DESIGNING FOR CONTAINERS:

I agreee that designing for the sake of fitting within the container is far to limiting. Especially when there are so many RoRo's available now, and theoretically anyone doing this kind of trip probably won't mind waiting the extra couple of weeks, or driving the extra 1,000 miles to get to a RoRo that works for them.

SECURITY:

Almost every story I've heard of someone shipping their vehicle involves something going missing. I like the cookies & milk idea, but may not be 100% fool-proof.

A great idea I read on another page was to buy a couple of steel trunks (NACK boxes) and put them on the floor inside the camper. Put all your tools / electronics / etc inside them, and bolt the two boxes together internally. Then metal strap & lock them. Again, not 100% fool-proof, and a bit of a pain-in-the-ass to do, but even more of a pain-in-the-ass for someone to try to break into.

Realistically, most of us don't ship our vehicles SO often, that the inconvenience of this would be TOO bad.

Then you can give away the boxes on the other side. Maybe you can find a very appreciative customs officer!

Cheers,
Jay.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
saw an earth roamer on state street in Salt lake city Utah. I absolutly fell in love, and it had a for sale sign on it and it indicated it was on ebay. So i went home and found it.*Http://m.ebay.com/itm/181625347756?nav=SEARCH

Hey pogiman,

Dude, stop spamming your damned EarthRoamer eBay auction all over the site. You obviously just signed up on ExPo so you could spam it.

There is a for sale section. You could have used that. But no, you gotta post the same goofy LYING "look what I just discovered" crap on every thread you can find.

wuntenn

Adventurer
Simplest washing machine is a plastic drum with a clip-on watertight lid filled with water, washing liquid and clothes, suspended on stout elastic from a hook on the roof and another on the floor so it 'bounces' up and down as you drive. An hour of motion = one wash. Small portable wringer to squish out the excess moisture and air dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94