fierce attitude mt, anyone running these tires

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
131_1003_03+fierce_attitude_mt_tire+wide_tread_blocks.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
It's the same family/assembly line as the GY Duratrac and Dunlop Radial Mud Rover Maxx Traction.
Good tire; silly name. Sillier sidewall...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Where you lookin at them at?
Im in the market for some new tires myself and have not seen those before.

John
Look online.

Goodyear announced a while ago that they were going to discontinue the Fierce brand and make that tire as Goodyear; you can usually find them for a song. I think Treadepot and Kaufman had them cheap.
The Dunnie Radial Rover Maxx Traction was also scheduled for demise and some shops were clearing them out; another great tire bargain.

Chip usually knows the more up-2-date story...

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Zombie Thread, but no sense in making a new one...

They are still making them as Fierce branded tires. They are still very reasonably priced. They still have an odd barbed wire sidewall.

They have IMPRESSED THE HELL OUT OF ME.

I have had them for few months and few thousand miles. From warm weather and now into to cold nasty winter weather.

I am running 35 12.50 17 on 9 inch wide wheels.

The tires are fairly quiet for an MT. They are making some noise but less then my old BFG and others. They handle great on pavement and did exceptional offroad for me. They are not a real heavy tire which I had previous issues with, but they seem robust and show no negative wearing. They grab rock and dirt well. In the snow, they really surprised me. Great braking traction and propel ya forward as you want. Ice...they are an aggressive tire, none work well. Overall...I would buy them or recommend them in a heartbeat. The price is just a bonus to good tire.

Couple pics...

Brendon

Minnesota Overland
Zombie Thread, but no sense in making a new one...

They are still making them as Fierce branded tires. They are still very reasonably priced. They still have an odd barbed wire sidewall.

They have IMPRESSED THE HELL OUT OF ME.

I have had them for few months and few thousand miles. From warm weather and now into to cold nasty winter weather.

I am running 35 12.50 17 on 9 inch wide wheels.

What load range are they?

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
They are D range. Some sizes come in E range.

These did measure just under 35 inches tall which is far better than experiences with other brands. They are a full inch taller than my buddy's KM2 35s.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
2 ply sidewall kept me away from these for VanDOOM, but I have read a lot of user reviews and they are all positive. For a lighter rig, I think the 2 ply sidewall is not a real problem. What kind of deal are you finding on that size?

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
It was under 1100 for 5 delivered.

I never would do a 2 ply except that my buddy is a contractor and is on his 3rd set of them with a crew cab duramax. He tows, uses it offroad, and generally abuses the tires. He gets 50k miles per set without a failure. I knew a guy that wheeled multiple times w his JKU. Had them for 35k miles and they were just under half tread when sold.

Their toughness was proven to me or I would a wrote them off too. Glad I didn't.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
I agree with HARDTRAILZ, the Fierce Attitudes are pretty impressive tires for the cost. I picked up a set of Load Range E 315/75R16 Fierce Attitudes with the 3 ply sidewall last spring from Sam's Club mounted on Desert Rat 8.5” wheels and love them. What sold me on them is the fact they were load range E in my tire size preference and Sam's Club had 6 months free interest at the time. The barb'd wire sidewall not so much.

With only one season on them so far they have impressed me in deep snow, sand, gravel, and pavement. About the only thing I haven't had them in yet IS mud
histerical.gif
. What surprised me is how smooth they roll on the highway and well they handle under 8,000 lbs. of truck and camper being they are a relatively inexpensive tire. I still have a hard time thinking of them as a mud tire though as when I think mud tire, I think a true mud tire like a Super Swamper TSL. The Fierce Attitude M/T reminds me more of an aggressive all-terrain. At the end of the day, I am very happy with them and considering a set for my Suburban too. I just wish Sam's would run that deal again.

I run them at 50 psi for the highway and 20 to 25 psi off-road. I think on the Mohave Rd I ran them around 22 psi which made for a very smooth ride.
8718449327_b904afefce_b.jpg

8561953211_f72a30e439_c.jpg

When I think if mud tire…..this is what I think of. These bias ply big dogs also hold the weight of the truck and camper very well. A well handling tire on the highway....not so much. I still use them for local mountain trips. They really eat up the deep snow very well!
8191906902_46234883dc_c.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I cant seem to find confirmation if the D vs E have different sidewall plies. Where did you find that info? I wanted more flexible tire than my previous E, so I went with 17s. If the E is a 3 ply, I may have made a mistake and would have really considered 16s.

The barbed wire seems to get noticed in pics, but everybody tells me how good they look and hardly ever mention the barb wire. I think it blends in pretty good, esp since mine are generally dirty. And the triangular treads on the sidewalls do seem to grip well. Pulled me out of a few ruts when I did not expect them too.

FYI--Discount tire direct will give you more than 6 month interest free and discount for using the card/financing.

I call the FA a mud tire, because I call the Swampers, PitBulls, Maxxis tires(bias and most radials) are more purpose built and and not really street tires excpet for a few models. I loved all my Interco tires over the years, but they are in a different category than these. They last 1/3 to 1/2 as long. They suck on road in snow and rain. They are loud. But they are awesome in the dirt n rocks and I kinda wish i had held onto the 36 inch Iroks n beadlocks I sold when I bought these. I don't think its fair to compare a TSL to the FA. Even radial to radial.

Nice truck Larry. Makes me want ot get the Burban back out.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
I cant seem to find confirmation if the D vs E have different sidewall plies. Where did you find that info? I wanted more flexible tire than my previous E, so I went with 17s. If the E is a 3 ply, I may have made a mistake and would have really considered 16s.

Because it says 3 ply sidewall on the side of the tire
dunno.gif
. LOL, I know what you mean though……how did I know before I bought them. Well, when these were sold under the Firestone brand the old website listed sidewall ply spec. It looks like now that they are marketed as Goodyear the sidewall ply spec is no longer listed on their website other than BSL which is related to side wall lettering (Black Side Lettering??). I don't recall all 16" tires having a 3 ply sidewall. It seems like it was only 305 and 315's with 3 ply.

I agree, you don’t notice the barb wire sidewall that much once they are on the vehicle and when you do notice them they are aren’t as goofy looking as in pictures.

I still love my Super Swampers for the deep snow but a snow packed or icy road they are pretty much worthless (we don't have much mud in the desert). On road at highway speeds any turning of the steering wheel is only a mere suggestion as to which way you would like the truck to go. The swampers make the steering intermediate shaft feel like it is made of a piece of rope that needs to be wound up tight in order to get the wheels to move
doah.gif
Can get interesting on twisty highway mountain roads but they do handle the camper very well. No swaying at all in the curves at all, very stiff tires.....of course….the Fierce Attitudes stand up straight in the corners too plus I can actually steer and they will last a hell of a lot longer. LOL Can’t say that for the old Kumho all-terrains I had before. Those were horrible, as the truck was sway all over the road in the curves and they wore as fast as Super Swampers (The rear Detroit locker on a heavy truck is not nice to tires.)

The Fierce Attitudes are a great all around “mud” tire. I highly recommend them
waytogo.gif

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I made the mistake of putting a rear detroit locker in a 6 lug axle with 37 inch SSR on my suburban...snapped all 6 studs off and the wheel n tire passed me...they are not nice to more than tires:)

Wish i could have found the sidewall info since the height is the same, but hindsight is 20/20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior